Tree remover

/ Tree remover #1  

J_J

Super Star Member
Tractor
Power-Trac 1445, KUBOTA B-9200HST
This would be a good addition to the list of attachments for the larger PT's, maybe even the 425's. This seems better than cutting and stump grinding, plus you can pull up fence post, steel or wood.

Attachments

• puller_op_800x600.jpg
    puller_op_800x600.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 626
  • puller2_op_800x600.jpg
    puller2_op_800x600.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 496
   / Tree remover #2  
I don't know that this would work well at all with a PT-425.

I've used the grapple bucket to attempt to pull small trees and stumps, and found the the 425's lifting capacity is too small to do so.

Attempting to pull even a 2" dia. pine tree or stump straight up as this device does easily raises the rear wheels.

It just occurred to me that what WOULD work really well is an attachment that gripped the tree and had a jack foot that would extend downward when hyraulic pressure is applied via a valve on the PTO (open circuit, or course).

Then, several thousand lbs. of lift could be applied within lifting the rear wheels or breaking your tractor in half.

Flow could first close the jaw, then continue to lower that foot as a jack.

What do you think?

Mark H.

/ Tree remover
I have thought about the same thing, using a wedge type device to grab the tree and wedge it against a steel frame, and apply pressure to the hyd foot to raise the tree out of the ground. The larger the cylinder, the larger tree you can lift.

/ Tree remover #4  
J_J said:
I have thought about the same thing, using a wedge type device to grab the tree and wedge it against a steel frame, and apply pressure to the hyd foot to raise the tree out of the ground. The larger the cylinder, the larger tree you can lift.

I like that idea. I have used the 4 in 1 bucket and pulled trees up to 5 inches in wet ground (grab up about 3 feet high, lift, push and pull in all direction. Keep the lift on all of the time. But with your idea above you could do bigger.

/ Tree remover #6  
   / Tree remover #7  
I think it works so well because of the increadible lift height that skid steers have compared to Power Tracs. I'd like to see a better video to see how high the skid steer had to lift to pop that out.

/ Tree remover
MossRoad said:
I think it works so well because of the increadible lift height that skid steers have compared to Power Tracs. I'd like to see a better video to see how high the skid steer had to lift to pop that out.

David, I think they are using the nose of that tool as a lever plus the lifting power of the skid steer.

/ Tree remover #9  
Yes. If you look at the video there is a large foot that pivots on the end of the stick. It is similar to a large backhoe outrigger pad.

/ Tree remover #10  
Even if they are using the lift height of the skid steer, there is nothing saying after you lift it as high as the PT will go you couldn't just let go and take another bite lower on the tree.