New Attachments!!!!

/ New Attachments!!!! #31  
Oh my! I don't think so.

Driveways tend to have the occasional heavy vehicle passing over them. Like tractors, cement trucks, delivery vans, etc. A capacity of 1,000 lbs is just a little light for those sort of loads. :eek:

But thanks for the link. :)

/ New Attachments!!!! #32  
SnowRidge said:
Oh my! I don't think so.

Driveways tend to have the occasional heavy vehicle passing over them. Like tractors, cement trucks, delivery vans, etc. A capacity of 1,000 lbs is just a little light for those sort of loads. :eek:

But thanks for the link. :)

Ahhh, I missed the all important "driveway" part and just saw you wanted to cross a stream or river. Well, anyway, the bridge capacities are more affected by how many arches you use for supports. The 2x6 and 2x8 bridges can easily support more than a ton, and the bridge designer can whip up plans for whatever your needs are. No cement trucks allowed, though.

/ New Attachments!!!! #33  
ontheweb said:
Ahhh, I missed the all important "driveway" part and just saw you wanted to cross a stream or river. Well, anyway, the bridge capacities are more affected by how many arches you use for supports. The 2x6 and 2x8 bridges can easily support more than a ton, and the bridge designer can whip up plans for whatever your needs are. No cement trucks allowed, though.

It would be easy to get one that would handle a PT422/425/180.

/ New Attachments!!!! #34  
3238dpw said:
For those of you who haven't seen them yet.
New- Fall 07

Thanks for the post. I hadn't seen these.

BUT, after using my Grapple Bucket for about 250 hours and my MiniHoe for about 50 hours, my impression is that both of these new products are for V-E-R-Y LIGHT DUTY use. I wonder how much that Thumb can lift way out there! Even when digging, the MiniHoe doesn't work very well when fully extended. Lots of stress at the mounting plate!

"Good for leveling out dirt & gravel"

Maybe, but most attachments can do that! (I often used a wood pallet with nice results!)

"4" teeth to pry out bushes, roots, rocks, etc."

Could be easily bent out of shape. How about side loading? Even the short stiff teeth on the Grapple Bucket or the strong Front Forks aren't much good for prying out of clay soil! Even the Potato Digger sometimes has trouble!

"Thin bottom makes it easy to slide under debris."

With the Grapple Bucket the preferred method is to compress the pile going forward, then bring the fangs over and down to further compress it, and then pinching together and lifting.

"Great for handling logs, brush, rocks, fence post, etc."

But not the 600-800#, and up to 20' long, logs that I carry out of my woods! Those 'logs' in their pictures are called 'branches' at our house!!

Only two fangs, not three! How wide? For suburban subdivision use only!! I realize that the Grapple Bucket at $1350 is 50% more money, but it is at least 200% better!! If you really need a Grapple, don't mess around, buy a Grapple Bucket!! (Remember, with every Grapple Bucket you get a 5 cu HD Bucket [$350], and a set of Rock Teeth [$125], for free!!)

Attachments

• Lara .jpg
    Lara .jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 145
  • Lara b .jpg
    Lara b .jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 142
  • Lara a .jpg
    Lara a .jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 133
   / New Attachments!!!! #35  
I wonder if you would like these designs better;

ScoopRakeGrapple.jpg

Or this one

rockBucket_large.jpg

They are a bit beefier, but heavier- the 4' wide rock only version weighs 485lbs, without the adapter.

All the best,

Peter

FOURTEEN said:
Thanks for the post. I hadn't seen these.

BUT, after using my Grapple Bucket for about 250 hours and my MiniHoe for about 50 hours, my impression is that both of these new products are for V-E-R-Y LIGHT DUTY use. I wonder how much that Thumb can lift way out there! Even when digging, the MiniHoe doesn't work very well when fully extended. Lots of stress at the mounting plate!

"Good for leveling out dirt & gravel"

Maybe, but most attachments can do that! (I often used a wood pallet with nice results!)

"4" teeth to pry out bushes, roots, rocks, etc."

Could be easily bent out of shape. How about side loading? Even the short stiff teeth on the Grapple Bucket or the strong Front Forks aren't much good for prying out of clay soil! Even the Potato Digger sometimes has trouble!

"Thin bottom makes it easy to slide under debris."

With the Grapple Bucket the preferred method is to compress the pile going forward, then bring the fangs over and down to further compress it, and then pinching together and lifting.

"Great for handling logs, brush, rocks, fence post, etc."

But not the 600-800#, and up to 20' long, logs that I carry out of my woods! Those 'logs' in their pictures are called 'branches' at our house!!

Only two fangs, not three! How wide? For suburban subdivision use only!! I realize that the Grapple Bucket at $1350 is 50% more money, but it is at least 200% better!! If you really need a Grapple, don't mess around, buy a Grapple Bucket!! (Remember, with every Grapple Bucket you get a 5 cu HD Bucket [$350], and a set of Rock Teeth [$125], for free!!)

/ New Attachments!!!! #36  
ponytug said:
I wonder if you would like these designs better.

No. Too heavy. The fangs should be out to the full width. No bucket. Too expensive. Don't need dual cylinders.

I have, however, considered adding plates (red) across the fang tips to more easily gather in small stuff like piles of leaves.
Also, cutting out part of the sides of the bucket (yellow) to allow a larger diameter log or multiple branches to be grabbed. Part of the sides would be retained for strength.
I haven't studied these mods hard enough to uncover any disadvantages, and have been too busy with other things to do them!

Attachments

• GB Mods Open.JPG
    GB Mods Open.JPG
    14.8 KB · Views: 134