New Attachments!!!!

/ New Attachments!!!! #1  

3238dpw

Gold Member
Tractor
Power Trac 425, C-121 Wheel Horse, 2 Exmark 60 inch zero turn mowers
For those of you who haven't seen them yet.
New- Fall 07
They are both pretty cool, but I would like to see the thumb fold out of the way. I also can't decide if I like the grapple or not. The bottom part looks like it would need reinforcement.:confused:

Now who will be the first to get one of them!

/ New Attachments!!!! #2  
3238dpw said:
They are both pretty cool, but I would like to see the thumb fold out of the way. I also can't decide if I like the grapple or not. The bottom part looks like it would need reinforcement.:confused:
I share your thoughts on both ... but at least the prices are fairly reasonable.

I don't think the grapple is strong enough without reinforcement -- at least not for the abuse I've given the grapple bucket.

/ New Attachments!!!! #3  
They have got to be kidding! No way I'm buying that, and I would like to have and could really use a grapple these days.

Anyone notice that all the shots are from the left side? I wonder why that is.

/ New Attachments!!!! #4  
SnowRidge said:
They have got to be kidding! No way I'm buying that, and I would like to have and could really use a grapple these days.

Maybe because the single hydraulic cylinder to close the grapple is on the right side? :confused:

At least, that's how the grapple bucket is designed... and how this one appears to be!

/ New Attachments!!!!
I wonder how thick the steel is on the bottom part of the grapple. Maybe, if it is real thick stuff.

/ New Attachments!!!! #6  
It's probably not thick enough to really do the job, but too thick to straighten out when you get the inevitable kink in it.

/ New Attachments!!!! #7  
hmm, I like the folding thumbs discussed previously.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/power-trac/78623-thumbing-3.html
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/power-trac/76054-what-length-thumb-pt-mini-3.html

This DIY kit from CDP is $219 + $44 S&H: CDP-Backhoe.com - back hoe thumbs kits,
tx2000.gif
tx2000kspec.gif

/ New Attachments!!!! #8  
SnowRidge said:

Maybe the sun is behind the photographer.

/ New Attachments!!!! #9  
MossRoad said:
Maybe the sun is behind the photographer.
That's one explanation, I suppose, but it seems so odd. They could've tunred the machine around. Maybe it's my suspicious mind. I've been burned a couple of times on products that were shot at certain angles so as to hide certain "features," or lack thereof, and now I'm a little gun shy on stuff I can't see.

/ New Attachments!!!! #10  
I understand completely. :)

Just to make sure I'm on the same page, are we both talking about the thumb for the minihoe?

If so, I don't see what could be on the other side? It just looks like four bolts that sandwich some brackets around the boom. Am I missing something?