Post Hole Digger???

/ Post Hole Digger??? #11  
J_J said:
The data below is for a hydraulic PHD.

Let me jump in here and offer some advise/suggestions. If you can weld, put some hard surface on the cutting edges.

The valve below will do what you want. It is a double acting valve, with forward and reverse and can handle all the fluid the PTO can run through it. It is spring centered, but a hold down strap or rod, will hold it in the fwd direction. You might be able to find a motor spool valve with detent in the fwd direction. It can be mounted after the PTO, and left in place. Knowledge is power.

Surplus Center Item Detail

Thanks for that link, I was just getting ready to look for one of those reversers.

/ Post Hole Digger??? #12  
AltavistaLawn said:
Thanks for that link, I was just getting ready to look for one of those reversers.

So have we pretty much established that the motors used on PT attachments are reversible? I think I remember some discussion about that a long time ago.

/ Post Hole Digger??? #13  
RegL said:
So have we pretty much established that the motors used on PT attachments are reversible? I think I remember some discussion about that a long time ago.
You have to make sure. As I recall, some are and some aren't.

/ Post Hole Digger??? #14  
RegL said:

I have the tiller. I just reversed the lines because the way they set it up, it keeps jamming up with rocks.

I reversed all the tines, I ran it, but haven't put it in the dirt yet....just mud here now.

/ Post Hole Digger??? #15  
AltavistaLawn said:
I have the tiller. I just reversed the lines because the way they set it up, it keeps jamming up with rocks.

I reversed all the tines, I ran it, but haven't put it in the dirt yet....just mud here now.

Can you show us a picture of the reverse tines, and which direction it will be turning.