Tram Pump Hose

/ Tram Pump Hose #1  

woodlandfarms

Tractor
PowerTrac 1850, Kubota RTV x900
Does anyone know (of have a schematic of ) the hoses on the tram pump. In particular there is a 3/8 or 1/4 hose that comes off the opposite side of the wheel motor hoses. It is just below the drain plug.

I am thinking it might be steering. but as it goes into the tunnel of doom I don't want to spend days finding out.

/ Tram Pump Hose #2  
woodlandfarms said:
Does anyone know (of have a schematic of ) the hoses on the tram pump. In particular there is a 3/8 or 1/4 hose that comes off the opposite side of the wheel motor hoses. It is just below the drain plug.

I am thinking it might be steering. but as it goes into the tunnel of doom I don't want to spend days finding out.

Carl,

It is probably a case drain. The small opening on this pump is a case drain. I believe all case drains go to the cooler.

Attachments

• Eaton tram pump 1.jpg
    Eaton tram pump 1.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 172
   / Tram Pump Hose #3  
woodlandfarms said:

I'm not sure if your system is plumbed the same as my 1845 or even if I understand exactly which hose you are referring to but take a look at the photo links at the bottom of this page at my site, in particular the links labeled:

Pumps from right side
Cooler Bypass Valve
Hydraulic Cooler Circuit

and see if they are any help to you.

PT-1845 Fire in the Engine Room

Sedgewood

/ Tram Pump Hose #4  
Sedgewood said:
I'm not sure if your system is plumbed the same as my 1845 or even if I understand exactly which hose you are referring to but take a look at the photo links at the bottom of this page at my site, in particular the links labeled:

Pumps from right side
Cooler Bypass Valve
Hydraulic Cooler Circuit

and see if they are any help to you.

PT-1845 Fire in the Engine Room

Sedgewood

Just from looking at Sedgewods pictures, there appearers to be a case drain coming from the pump to a manifold or distribution point, which includes the rear case drains, and the tram pump case drain. There should also be another manifold to collect the case drains from the front hyd motors, and any other hyd motor with a case drain used on an attachment. On my flail mower, there is a case drain from the motor to a manifold at the front bottom, and then it should return the case drains to the cooler. Just my opinion.

/ Tram Pump Hose
Yeah, I don't think it is a case drain. Maybe it is, but it seems to be under pressure... Maybe it is...

My flash went out on my camera today... Woo Hoo I get another one soon.

It is clear from the pictures at Sedgewood sight that the 1850 is a different beast entirely.

Take a look at the bottom of Kens pictures..

USA Discount Generators - Standby and Portable Gillette Generators

The hose I refer to is the one below the outlet for draining air out of the filter system.

Oh and Sedgewood, I cannot thank you enough for you site. It really, really really helps...

I am calling Terry about a few minor issues and will hit him up for a flow diagram.

/ Tram Pump Hose #6  
maybe it is a optical illusion, but it really looks like your hydraulic filter is an inch or two from your exhaust pipe in that first picture you posted; seems like that would significantly heat up your hydraulic oil.
Hydraulic_Filter_2613.jpg

/ Tram Pump Hose
Yeah, it is only a couple of inches... But, I don't think it really raises the temp at all because the volume on the 1850 (18GPM) through a 1/2 gallon filter is not going to give it time to make a discernable difference.

Again, not a physicist but over heating on the PT on the 1850 (outside of the engine cooler issue) is not a problem for me, yet.....

/ Tram Pump Hose #8  
woodlandfarms said:
Yeah, it is only a couple of inches... But, I don't think it really raises the temp at all because the volume on the 1850 (18GPM) through a 1/2 gallon filter is not going to give it time to make a discernable difference.

Again, not a physicist but over heating on the PT on the 1850 (outside of the engine cooler issue) is not a problem for me, yet.....
Whether it heats the fluid or not there aren't many alternatives to the location chosen by PT for this filter. The oil cooler fan mounted on the top of the engine house moves a fair amount of air that provides a bit of cooling. It would problably be helpful to rig a radiant shield between the exhaust pipe and the filter but it would be a pain.

I don't think the flow through this filter is anywhere near 18 gpm --that is the maximum flow rating on the PTO pump. The pictured filter is on the suction side (supply) to the variable displacement pump and with the exception of the oil cooler and internal leakage in the pump and wheel motors it is a closed system.

/ Tram Pump Hose #9  
Carl,

What is the make and model # of your tram pump?

Please take some pictures of the left and right side.