Power Trac now selling implements for other tractors

/ Power Trac now selling implements for other tractors #1  

KentT

Elite Member
Tractor
1993 Power Trac 1430 w/Kubota diesel engine
Just visited the PT site and saw this... not sure how long it's been that way. They're now offering several of their hydraulic implements for adaptation to other tractors -- they're calling them universal implements. Sounds like you'd just bolt or weld on the appropriate QA or attachment mounts.

OtherAtt

IMO, this is a very promising move. If they can broaden their market, they'll get more feedback to continue refining things, developing new things, etc. They won't be limited to just the "quirky few" of us who seem to understand and appreciate the PTs themselves...

/ Power Trac now selling implements for other tractors #2  
They have been there for a couple of months. It would be great to have them get their volume up, which should help profits, and prices. It would also enable them, and others, to make an apples to apples comparison on their implements.

All the best,

Peter

/ Power Trac now selling implements for other tractors #3  
That is very smart! :cool: These are things they already have designed for there own tractors with a bolt on or weld on to something (skidloaders universal plates, quick tach, ect.)

/ Power Trac now selling implements for other tractors #4  
KentT said:
Just visited the PT site and saw this... not sure how long it's been that way. They're now offering several of their hydraulic implements for adaptation to other tractors -- they're calling them universal implements. Sounds like you'd just bolt or weld on the appropriate QA or attachment mounts.

OtherAtt

IMO, this is a very promising move. If they can broaden their market, they'll get more feedback to continue refining things, developing new things, etc. They won't be limited to just the "quirky few" of us who seem to understand and appreciate the PTs themselves...
Or maybe they do read things on this fourm, like my last response on this thread. :cool: ;)

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/power-trac/99668-members-home-made-attachments-improvements-19.html

/ Power Trac now selling implements for other tractors #5  
I always thought they should develop a hydraulic quick attach for 3PT hitches based on their steel triangle that we use. I bet if they priced it decently and had the female plates for a hundred bucks a pop, they'd sell some.

/ Power Trac now selling implements for other tractors #6  
They have some very nice pictures of those non-PT specific attachments.

I wish that they would make the PT-attachment pictures that good. Now I know for the first time what the back of the snow blade and the sweeper look like.

If you own a PT, I guess you have to settle for a few low-resolution grainy pictures to make your buying decisions from...

/ Power Trac now selling implements for other tractors #7  
I wonder why the snow blade rubber lip, cutter bar and caster wheels are all $25. less on the impliments for other tractors than they are listed on the pt 425 price sheet?

/ Power Trac now selling implements for other tractors #8  
Probably nothing nefarious, they just updated some of the price sheets and haven't updated the rest...

My view is that if it would be educational, it might be worth my making it myself, I'll consider doing. But if someone can make one for me, I am very happy to buy it, because I know how long and how expensive it will be to make just one. My guess is that for those of you out there who are more talented & have better equipped shops, the price differential is probably a lot smaller.

Now if I can't buy it, I'll make it, if I need it. :)

On the bright side, the website renovation does give it better function.

All the best,
Peter
ernemats said:
I wonder why the snow blade rubber lip, cutter bar and caster wheels are all $25. less on the impliments for other tractors than they are listed on the pt 425 price sheet?

/ Power Trac now selling implements for other tractors #9  
ernemats said:
Strange.

They have a sale right now; the rubber lip (or cutting bar) is free when you buy the snow blade.

/ Power Trac now selling implements for other tractors #10  
I think the price is lower for the "other" attachment rubber lip kit is lower and the lip can be had for free w/the purchase of a blade is that I recently bought one at the highest price ever, paid a lot for shipping, and was charged twice for it.

Unfortunately, as a middle-aged white male (married to a woman!), I have no victim status at all, so have to resort to whining in a tractor forum.

Someday I'll get a life.

But, the reason I'm posting this is that Bank of America vs. Power-Trac on a disputed credit card charge is not the mistmatch you would think; they keep contacting Power-Trac by e-mail!

You know how David vs. Goliath ended.