Um, what is that gauge for (and other eye-rollers)

/ Um, what is that gauge for (and other eye-rollers) #21  
So, this is a picture of my float valve. Can anyone tell me what the various hoses run to? With no hydraulic manual for the 1850 at this point... But maybe this would help me understand how this works as I am still confused.

Oh, lets label the hoses from left to right to avoid confusion...

Attachments

• PICT0906.jpg
    PICT0906.jpg
    286.9 KB · Views: 81
   / Um, what is that gauge for (and other eye-rollers) #22  
I am attaching a diagram showing draft control connections included in the manual I received with my 1845.

Note that it appears to be a very simple circuit--pressure supply from RPS valve, return to tank, an adjustment, and output pressure going to the distribution block that connects to the lift cylinders.

Attachments

• Draft Control Circuit.PDF
    733.8 KB · Views: 142
   / Um, what is that gauge for (and other eye-rollers) #23  
Ah the beauty of hydraulics. Because oil is incompressible, the pressure at the regulating valve, aka draft control, will be the same as it is in the lift arms. This enables the draft control to 'sense' pressure at the lift arms. Since it has both pressure and relief lines, it can either increase pressure or decrease the oil volume in the lift arms, thereby regulating the pressure.

Does this make sense? Or am I as clear as mud?

All the best,

Peter
Bob999 said:
I am attaching a diagram showing draft control connections included in the manual I received with my 1845.

Note that it appears to be a very simple circuit--pressure supply from RPS valve, return to tank, an adjustment, and output pressure going to the distribution block that connects to the lift cylinders.