Fan to cool driver

/ Fan to cool driver #1  

BobRip

Elite Member
Tractor
2000 Power Trac 422
Has anyone installed a fan to keep them cool? It was over 100 today and I was out mowing with my dust mask on. I was not exactly miserable, but a breeze would have been nice.

/ Fan to cool driver #2  
I have one mounted top left of the canapé. I used it today. I wouldn’t mind building a unit with 2 fans in it that was easy to put in place and to remove. Mine plugs in to a cig plug at the top left of the canapé. If I get time I’ll post a pic. It is a simple insulation though.

/ Fan to cool driver #3  
Fans are great for adding a cool breeze, but aiming them at your face can be a problem when working outdoors. Throwing the dust your making with the machine right at you is rough on your eyes.
David from jax

/ Fan to cool driver #4  
sandman2234 said:
Fans are great for adding a cool breeze, but aiming them at your face can be a problem when working outdoors. Throwing the dust your making with the machine right at you is rough on your eyes.
David from jax

But, if you have ROPS, then you should be able to install it so that it blows towards the back of your head, thus not in your eyes while still cooling your head.

John

/ Fan to cool driver #5  
True about the dust. I just aim it down or turn it off when dusting.

Attachments

• 0608080702.jpg
    0608080702.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 166
   / Fan to cool driver
stray said:
True about the dust. I just aim it down or turn it off when dusting.

Stray, looks good. Exaclty what I was thinking. Where did you get it?

Thanks to everyone for their comments. My internet has been down for the last day. I just spent an hour on the phone with Verizon getting it working.

/ Fan to cool driver #7  
I have had it a long time but you can find them on ebay or mabe at an auto parts place. Try NAPA

/ Fan to cool driver #8  
Many boat supply stores carry 12V fans. Check out West Marine, westmarine.com. My '06 catalog has 9 styles from $20 to $90. I used the $20 type on our sailboat while cruising Mexico (class of '90). Just blows hot air at you. But if you're sweating and there is no other breeze then the evaporation helps cool you down...some.

/ Fan to cool driver #9  
I'm surprised your grass is still growing!! You must be getting more rain than us(haven't seen a drop in almost 2 weeks now). I always get a bit hot when running the PT extended periods when the air is mid 80's or higher but I'll have to get creative since I have no ROPS.

/ Fan to cool driver
Farmall140 said:
I'm surprised your grass is still growing!! You must be getting more rain than us(haven't seen a drop in almost 2 weeks now). I always get a bit hot when running the PT extended periods when the air is mid 80's or higher but I'll have to get creative since I have no ROPS.

The grass has grown like crazy this year. It is dry now and it will probably slow down.