PT Posthole Digger

/ PT Posthole Digger #1  

Reds

Bronze Member
Tractor
Pt 422
Had my first experience with the posthole digger. I have the 9" auger which i used it to plant three 7 gal maples in the backyard. Much easier then last year when i needed a pick and a shovel to dig the holes. Rocks were still a problem, but nothing like before.

How do you other PT owners with a PHD store yours? It sure would be nice just to drive up and hook-up like the other attachments.

/ PT Posthole Digger
I had a chance to use the PHD again yesterday. This time i was switching between the large bucket and the PHD. You gotta love that quick attach system. If you lower the PHD until the auger tip contacts the ground, then start slowly backing away until the PHD is laying pretty much flat out. Then just lower it to the ground. If you disconnect the hoses before you lower the attachment, you don't even have to get off the tractor. Am i lazy or what? Do be careful here though. It looks as if you could pinch the hydrolic hose between the digger head and the attach plate as the head piviots while lowering to the ground. When your ready to use the PHD again, drop your bucket and drive up to the PHD and pickup. Unfortunately, i had to get off my duff and hook up the hoses. Now this works great for outside and i actually did the same when i put the attachments back into the garage. But ... one of these days it would be nice to use the garage as a garage. So that means some type of shed. My idea is to build a storage rack out of wood, put my attachments on wooden pallets and use the forks to move them around as needed. Access could be from either inside or outside the shed. Laying the PHD straight out seems like a bad idea though. Might be better to mount it on a wall so the auger hangs straight down.

I took a couple PHD pictures yesterday which i will post eventually.