Trencher?

/ Trencher? #1  

SnowRidge

Elite Member
Tractor
Power Trac PT-425 / Branson 3520
I may need to dig a long trench. Anyone have any info on the trenchers available for the PT-425?

/ Trencher?
I should have searched before posting. Quite a few trenchers out there, I see. My bad. :eek:

It looks like I will have about 7-800 feet of 2" or smaller water line to lay. The frost line is around 12 inches. I don't know yet what someone would charge to do this, but it is the kind of thing I would rather do myself for a number of reasons, one being the possiblity of gaining a new implement at low net cost. That, and I don't have enough things to break. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

So, wheel trencher or chain thingy?

/ Trencher? #4  
I should have searched before posting. Quite a few trenchers out there, I see. My bad. :eek:

It looks like I will have about 7-800 feet of 2" or smaller water line to lay. The frost line is around 12 inches. I don't know yet what someone would charge to do this, but it is the kind of thing I would rather do myself for a number of reasons, one being the possiblity of gaining a new implement at low net cost. That, and I don't have enough things to break. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

So, wheel trencher or chain thingy?

I have the trencher for a 425 and have used it many times. I bought the kit to go from 4 inch cut to 6 inch cut and am very happy with that decision. The deepest I have cut is for a power line 24 inches under ground. Other than rocks it went very fast for 600 feet.
PJ

/ Trencher? #5  
I have both the wheeled trencher and the chain driven 4 in trencher. The stump grinder will also do a credible job. The wheel trencher is faster. I also have the Davis mini-sneaker for installing cable or pipe. It uses a hydraulic shaker to implant the line. Hook it up , pull it, and you are done.

Here is another idea.

http://www.hitchnditch.com/howitworks.htm

/ Trencher?
Thanks folks.

J.J., that thing looks a lot like a sub soiler. Quite a few people use one of those with a bit of conduit on it to bury cable.

/ Trencher? #7  
Thanks folks.

J.J., that thing looks a lot like a sub soiler. Quite a few people use one of those with a bit of conduit on it to bury cable.

You can pull water pipe with it using a similar attachment. The trick is to do a test run to see if there are any roots or other pipe in the ground. If the first pass is successful, then attach the water pipe and go for it. There is nothing to cover up when finished.

I don't think a sub soiler would work on the front of a PT. Maybe shallow.

/ Trencher? #8  
I think you would want to run the PT backwards to get the forces right. i.e. you want to pull behind the weight. I thought of attaching the hitchnditch to the back of the PT.

All the best,

Peter

You can pull water pipe with it using a similar attachment. The trick is to do a test run to see if there are any roots or other pipe in the ground. If the first pass is successful, then attach the water pipe and go for it. There is nothing to cover up when finished.

/ Trencher?

Too true, but I also have a CUT with a subsoiler.

/ Trencher? #10  
Let us know how it all works out.