PT422 - Robin Engine EH65D

/ PT422 - Robin Engine EH65D #1  

Reds

Bronze Member
Tractor
Pt 422
Oil Filter Part # 248-65801-00

Ordered mine from the distributor (FSR) in Fredericksburg along with a service manual and a list of local dealers.

/ PT422 - Robin Engine EH65D #2  
Would you have a phone number for the distributer? I have been unable to find a Robin dealer in my area.
PJ

/ PT422 - Robin Engine EH65D
That number would be 1-888-540-9067.

/ PT422 - Robin Engine EH65D #4  
Thank you, will try them today.
PJ

/ PT422 - Robin Engine EH65D
Your welcome. My filters were delivered yesterday. I've never seen such a tiny filter. I should have time to change the oil tonight. Hopefully they are the right ones.

/ PT422 - Robin Engine EH65D #6  
Do you think a larger (longer) oil filter is available at the same pressure let off? Bryce

/ PT422 - Robin Engine EH65D #7  
Funny...

The oil filter on my PT422/EH65D is a Robin p/n 261-65902-A0.

I've crossed this to a Baldwin B33, AMSOIL SDF10, Pennzoil PZ37, and Fram PH4967. (Based on all these numbers I'm sure we can all cross them to other common filters.) I've verified size and thread on the Pennzoil and Fram. They match. Once warranty's up I might just try them out!

I'm curious, also, as to whether anyone else finds it difficult to believe how hard it is to get to the oil filter on this engine the way its mounted in the PT.

On the subject of maintenance parts, I've gotten four or five recommendations on spark plugs. Anyone have anything they've been told to pass along on this subject?

And what about hydraulic filters? The Purolator H32010 and Gresen K22001 I've seen in other posts do not match up exactly with the PT filter on my 422. The seal is about a 1/16" less in diameter and the filter isn't as long.

Brent

/ PT422 - Robin Engine EH65D #8  
I just changed my oil and filter on my PT422 today. I have medium sized hands, and although it is a tight fit, I had no trouble removing and installing the new oil filter. I loosed the old filter with a 2" monkey wrench and tightened the new filter by hand.