Warranty repair facility says "new engine needed for 425"

/ Warranty repair facility says "new engine needed for 425" #1  

gotago

Tractor
PT425
After 2 months of back and forth with the repair facility and subaru robin, I was informed this morning by the repair facility that I need a new engine. New flywheel, gaskets, seals, etc...now a bent crankshaft. I'll post subaru's response as soon as I receive it.

/ Warranty repair facility says "new engine needed for 425" #2  
Robin has probably already spent the cost of a new engine on you already... too bad they weren't willing to cut their losses earlier on and do the right thing (either that or your repair facility has been milking this for the extra business).

/ Warranty repair facility says "new engine needed for 425"
Robin shipped the new engine yesterday. I spoke with Bob, Robin's warranty guy and he told me that until the bent crank was discovered, none of the other issues warranted a replacement engine. Hopefully thee ordeal is soon over and I'll be back in the saddle in a few days.

/ Warranty repair facility says "new engine needed for 425" #4  
Robin shipped the new engine yesterday. I spoke with Bob, Robin's warranty guy and he told me that until the bent crank was discovered, none of the other issues warranted a replacement engine. Hopefully thee ordeal is soon over and I'll be back in the saddle in a few days.

Wonderful! It's about time. I will remember to bend the crank if I have trouble with mine. Oh, too late, I am out of warranty.