Dealer Power Trac Dealers

/ Power Trac Dealers #1  

NMYAN

Anyone know of any Power Trac Dealers in the West(washingtion, oregon, california, nevada, arizona)? Their site is down so I cannot check to see if there are dealers in the west. Any dealers out there that have web pages to look at?

/ Power Trac Dealers #2  
I don't believe they have any dealers. They sell direct from the factory. I'd check with them to see if they might be attending a trade show close to you, though...

Regards,
Dave

/ Power Trac Dealers #3  
They only sell factory direct. The best you can do is contact them and ask for the name of someone with a PT close to you and see if they'll let you take a test drive. I was lucky enough to find someone close by when I was looking; even though I live in a small rural community. The only other negative, for those of us in the West, is shipping costs. I live in NE Oregon and would be glad to let you test drive my 425. Good luck with your search.

/ Power Trac Dealers #4  
I live in Montana and will be either going to PT HDQ to pick up or have it shipped. Would you mind telling me what you paid in shipping which will give me an idea of what I would have to pay.
PJ

/ Power Trac Dealers #5  
I bought a PT425 and two pallets of implements: both buckets, 60" mower, snowplow, box blade, rake, cement mixer, boom, post hole digger w/ 9"&12" augers. Shipping was $1,400. It would have been about $150 cheaper if they had an Overnite terminal anywhere close to me. As it was, they went right by my town 250 mi. west and then they had Viking turn around and bring it back 250 mi. to my location. I would hesitate to use Overnite Freight again; besides only having terminals in major cities, they were slow and didn't treat my equipment very well. Anyone know a color match for PT green?

I hope this helps.

/ Power Trac Dealers #6  
My list is the same as yours with the exception of the box blade. With the distance you are shipping looks like there was two and possibly three transfers of your equipment from freight hauler to freight hauler. This is one of those tough decisions, pick up and pay tax or risk damage in shipping. If it is only paint, that can be fixed, if it is machanical then there are other problems. If Power Trac goes back doing trade shows I may have them tow and I will pick up there (SDF.
Thanks for information.
PJ

/ Power Trac Dealers #7  
<font color=red>This is one of those tough decisions, pick up and pay tax or risk damage in shipping.</font color=red>

PT shipped mine to NY via a local guy with a pickup and 5th wheel landscape trailer. I don't think it cost much more than common carrier and it came unscathed right to my door two days after I paid for the tractor.

/ Power Trac Dealers #8  
Quite a few people have mentioned that Overnight freight left rub marks on their tractor during shipping. Mine had them too. Probably where the tie down straps were. I jsut called Power Trac and told them. They sent me both colors of paint in small bottles free of charge. I believe he said it was Sherwin Williams machine green and machine black.

/ Power Trac Dealers #9  
John, that is the way I would prefer to have mine shipped if possible. The distance may be the limiting factor.
PJ

/ Power Trac Dealers #10  
PJ, The damage was more than rub marks; it looked like something was stacked against the side and messed up the paint all along the left rear. It's only cosmetic, so no big deal. I didn't have the time or desire to drive cross country to pick mine up; plus I think it would have cost considerably more, when you add sales tax and travel expenses. Good luck with your purchase. Let me know if you find a better way to ship; I have a friend here who is considering the purchase of a 425.

Eric