Snowblower attachment

/ Snowblower attachment #1  

Codyone

Does anyone know what kind of snowblower attachments work with the Powertrac other than the OEM models? also are any of these high flow?

/ Snowblower attachment #2  
Does anyone know what kind of snowblower attachments work with the Powertrac other than the OEM models? also are any of these high flow?
None of the PTs are considered "high-flow" by skidsteer standards...

Any snowblower other than those specifically designed for a PT will require modifications to fit -- at a minimum the addition of the a PT quick-attach plate (at the correct angle) and hydraulic adapters. You can modify a mechanical (belt or shaft-driven) one with some more complex requirements of connecting the drive, sizing the pump, etc. The simplest way would likely use a belt to connect the added hydraulic motor with the snowblower's drive -- then you have the opportunity to change and fine-tune the ratios by sizing the pulleys, in addition to sizing the hydraulic motor.

Likely the easiest candidates for the smaller PTs would be from hydraulically-driven garden tractors -- a Ventrac, Steiner, or Ingersoll/Case -- or from a mini skidsteer sucha as a Toro Dingo or similar. The challenge is finding one that is wide enough to clear a path wider than the tires that will operate off the PT's hydraulic output.

Note that both skidsteers and mini-skidteers are heavier duty machines, so their attachments weigh more, and are more heavily constructed (requiring more hydraulic output, i.e. power) for the same size attachment.

What PT are we talking about?

/ Snowblower attachment
"What PT are we talking about"

I was thinking about the 1430. I need it primarily for snow removal for a very long and steep driveway. Is this a good choice?

/ Snowblower attachment #4  
"What PT are we talking about"

I was thinking about the 1430. I need it primarily for snow removal for a very long and steep driveway. Is this a good choice?

The 1430 is a great choice... wish I had one. The challenge you'll have trying to adapt a different snowblower to it is that it has a 53" track, so you likely won't find a garden tractor snowblower that big. It also has 1200 lb lift capability and it's PTO has 12gpm at 2500 PSI... not sure if you can find one for a skidsteer that'd easily convert.

Perhaps others can chime in here... I know there's at least one or more 1430 owners here who have the PT factory snowblower.