POWER BROOM

/ POWER BROOM
I don't have the PT sweeper but I converted a sweeper to work with my PT. I use it after I roto-till the garden to sweep the dirt along the edges. I also use it to sweep small rocks from the side of my driveway. Mine is suspended by a heavy spring and when I use it on my lawn the brush easily pulls into the grass and stops spinning. It requires constant leveling making it hard to do large areas.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/power-trac/81678-red-green-sweeper-project.html

In the future, I intend to attach wheels that will allow height adjustment and hopefully prevent the brush from being pulled into the turf. I assume adjustable wheels would allow turf work such as dethatching and sweeping gravel from grass.

Dale

Dale,

Where did you get the motor for your sweeper? I am thinking about making my own sweeper and that would be something I will need. I will need wheels too, but haven't begun to look for them yet. Any suggestions where to find Wheels & yokes etc?

/ POWER BROOM #12  
I ordered the hydraulic motor from Surplus Sales. They have stem casters with wheels also. I didn't see what I wanted for mine. I thought about welding a pipe T-connection to a bracket and use my mower stem caster wheels to save money.

Burden Sales Surplus Center

I got sick of the cold and moving more than normal amounts of snow so I decided to spend a couple months in Port Aransas, Texas. So, I cannot check the actual motor I ordered but it was about $100.

Dale

/ POWER BROOM
Dale,
Thanks for the help. I found a used broom on Ebay that was made for the Toro/Dingo
and already set up with wheels, hydraulics, etc. All I have to do now is change the mount to work on my tractor.

/ POWER BROOM #14  
Tuning in on this one...

can anybody indicate the RPM the broom is turning (for which diameter of broom)

I am playing with the idea of attaching a walk behind rotovator gearbox (which can be converted to powerbroom by OEM accesoires) to my PTO output.

The gearbox is worm drive and set up appr 30/1, meaning a 3000RPM honda engine driving it makes the rotovator turn at 100 RPM.

With the PTO at 1000 RPM max that would leave me with 33 RPM for the broom and i wonder if this would be fast enough.

I am not in a hurry but it should also not become a joke.

pulleys can save the day but i dont know which target RPM I should aim for.

Thanks

:)

/ POWER BROOM
The 24" broom on the Toro/Dingo turns @ 150RPMs.

/ POWER BROOM #16  
My driveway is recycled asphalt. I live on a township road. About five years ago we convinced the township that considering the amout of property tax we paid in relation to farm land tax we deserved a paved road. The county paved it with recycled asphalt and the company doing the work offered to do mine for about $2,000. My drive is 300 feet long.

Within six months, I needed to replace my septic tank. The large backhoe was not kind to my driveway. In the near future I intend to have a 3 inch asphalt mat laid on top.

Dale

When you say 'paved with recycled asphalt' are you referring to loose, broken up asphalt? Or is it heated to a smooth surface?

Thanks.