PT Seat Suspension

/ PT Seat Suspension #1  

BobRip

Elite Member
Tractor
2000 Power Trac 422
I am have some back issues after driving the PT422. I looked at the seat suspension and if you compare it to a typical riding mower it actually has none. The riding mower seat has a hinged front and springs supporting the back of the seat. The PT422 pivots on bolts, but really has no suspension. An old style tractor at least has a U shaped spring. In an effort to solve this problem I installed a suspension seat (Model A-W223YL) from Tractor Supply. It has adjustable spring tension to compensate for your weight. It cost about $100. I had to removed the 10 Micron Filter cap on the hydraulic reservoir and go back to the original unfiltered cap to get enough head room, but otherwise it was not to bad. I originally mounted it too far forward and had to remount it twice. This required drilling extra holes. We will see if this helps the problem.

/ PT Seat Suspension #2  
I hope it helps, Bob. Please keep us informed. So far, I haven't had serious back issues from operating the PT, but that day may come. Like everyone else, I'm not getting any younger.

BTW, the thread's title got my attention. Before I clicked on the link, all I could think was, "What suspension?" :)

/ PT Seat Suspension #3  
I REALLY like the suspension seat system I put on my even if it was pricey - helps a lot with my back.

Ken

/ PT Seat Suspension #5  
Got any good pictures?

Thanks

/ PT Seat Suspension
I REALLY like the suspension seat system I put on my even if it was pricey - helps a lot with my back.

Ken

My main purpose in posting this was to let people know that PT's seat suspension is a level below what even a cheap riding mower has.
I don't have any pictures. I will try to take some tomorrow in the daylight.

/ PT Seat Suspension #9  
good choice on the seat one of the first mods done to my tractor, only problem I ran into was head bumping on rops on rough terrian

/ PT Seat Suspension #10  
I put a suspension seat on my 422 back in '07, there's a link to the photo in my first post here.. http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/power-trac/105535-new-seat-my-422-a.html

I still prefer the stock seat when operating on a sidehill but I haven't put it back on. I just avoid sidehills (20+ degrees).

For the hours spent with the brushhog, the suspension really helps.

Phil