Mowing You can't put a Mower on a PT TLB?

/ You can't put a Mower on a PT TLB? #11  
Yes (most of the time). It has caster wheels on all four corners so it works best that way. The QA plate is set so it rotates and moves with the land. There are couple of occasions when I check for the safety police and i'll raise the mower deck to avoid an obstruction. (again - not safe as it may / can generate projectiles)
(wink) I also lift and tilt the deck to trim the hedges. Works great. I just move my eyepatch over the good eye to protect it.
Tks,
tim

/ You can't put a Mower on a PT TLB? #12  
When brush cutting, I use a Stihl hard hat/face mesh/ear muff set up. It is amazing what can come flying up and back, or flying forward and ricocheting...

I've thought about a quick install wire deck across the front for brush cutting, but I haven't gotten there yet.

All the best,

Peter

Yes (most of the time). It has caster wheels on all four corners so it works best that way. The QA plate is set so it rotates and moves with the land. There are couple of occasions when I check for the safety police and i'll raise the mower deck to avoid an obstruction. (again - not safe as it may / can generate projectiles)
(wink) I also lift and tilt the deck to trim the hedges. Works great. I just move my eyepatch over the good eye to protect it.
Tks,
tim

/ You can't put a Mower on a PT TLB? #13  
I looked into mowing with our 2445. FWIW, I was planning to modify 2445 to safely mow by converting to smaller diameter dualies to slightly increase torque. I ultimately decided on getting a 65hp diesel PT 1850 instead (delivery next week) as our property is steep and I want all the margin of safety we can get.

best,

Last edited:
   / You can't put a Mower on a PT TLB? #14  
Congratulations!!!
Let us know how it goes.

All the best,

Peter