repower

/ repower
Guys, I found a Kohler ch740-0013 that has free shipping and it has a wired key switch so all i need is a muffler,i'm thinking an out the back.
the key switch is 50.00 if you buy it and the free shipping will cover the muffler. the weldment has to be cut and .875 added to it for the travel pump. and the other end has to be opened up from 5.750 to 7.0 to fit the kohler pilot dia. and redrill the holes to fit. a walk in the park,last it the wiring,the motor with the key switch should make this easy. jim

/ repower #32  
Guys, I found a Kohler ch740-0013 that has free shipping and it has a wired key switch so all i need is a muffler,i'm thinking an out the back.
the key switch is 50.00 if you buy it and the free shipping will cover the muffler. the weldment has to be cut and .875 added to it for the travel pump. and the other end has to be opened up from 5.750 to 7.0 to fit the kohler pilot dia. and redrill the holes to fit. a walk in the park,last it the wiring,the motor with the key switch should make this easy. jim

The wiring harness is easy, Just order a plug and receptacle and match the wires in between. You can't put the key receptacle on until you run it through the tunnel.

/ repower #33  

I junked my PT built muffler and ordered and installed a Kohler muffler that exhausts out the back. It is identical to what is on MR's machine, as far as I know. If you order it with the right numbers, it comes with a mounting plate, which you will need to support the muffler, plus gaskets, etc.

The tailpipe is a bit too long. The cheap and easy way is to cut it off a bit. That is what PT did on the old machines. It's what I did too. The better way is to weld an circular reinforcement piece on the back of the engine cover and cut the mesh away. The exhaust would then stick through a little bit.

2406805S.jpg

/ repower
well i changed my mind after i ran the cost and the work for 2 more hp. and went with a 25 hp robin that is a bolt in.the only thing i may need would be a 1 1/8 love joy coupler.....jim

/ repower
guys, talk about service,the engine is here in less than 24 hrs......jim

/ repower #36  
Must have been close at hand.

Let us know how it goes.

/ repower #37  
Where did you get the new Robin Engine. How much was it?

/ repower
Guys, the engine came from Oneill & asscccociates Inc. the cost was$1639.43 +shipping. THe engine will fit the pump drive and has the long dip stick and a 30 amp. charging system and a oil cooler and the wiring is on the engine to the plug.
Oneill &assc. are located in Victor,New York they are the distributors for robin,they don't fool around and the have the answers no B.S. for a change,the guy i talked to was Dan, who walked me through it........jim

/ repower #39  
I don't have much experience with honda but have read that their larger engines, above 12hp or so, are not reliable like their smaller engines. Also, I went to Honda engines web site and could not find a horizontal shaft model over 20.5 hp.

FYI. I just talked to an old friend who's a dealer. He said Honda has a 24 HP that has the same footprint as the 20HP -- both are smaller than the Kohler Commands.

/ repower #40  
FYI. I just talked to an old friend who's a dealer. He said Honda has a 24 HP that has the same footprint as the 20HP -- both are smaller than the Kohler Commands.

I took a look at the Honda engine web site. I think he must be referring to the 22.3 HP model. The model number is GX690.

If they provide detailed dimensional and option information on their web site like Kohler does, I couldn't find it.

It might be a possibility. More research will be required, especially for those of us with pumps on both ends.