PT422 PTO Problem

/ PT422 PTO Problem #1  

duane

Gold Member
Tractor
Toro 266H and PT422
Well, I think I have had my first problem. I have about 8.5 hours on the meter. To set-up the problem. I was out bush hogging for about 45 minutes. I shut down the bush hog to travel to a different location. When I went to re-engage the bush hog, the engine would bog down, sounded like the relief valve lifted, but the bush hog would not engage. I got off and verified that the bush hog motor was free to turn (it was), and then tried to engage again. Same result, motor bogged down and sounded like the PTO relief valve lifted. Any ideas, I will call Power Trac tomorrow.

Duane

/ PT422 PTO Problem #2  
Other than a hose comming undone from the quick connect, I have no idea. Try another implement if you have one and see if it does the same thing.

/ PT422 PTO Problem
<font color=red>As kind of an aside here I discovered that lift and tilt don't work at all if the steering is at full lock - it took a while to figure that out. I thought something was amiss but its just a quirk of the hydraulic circuitry I guess.

<font color=black>Something sparked my memory regarding the PTO/steering circuit that Sedgewood posted previously. I cant remember if my steering was at or close to full lock when I tried to engage the PTO.

Any others have a similiar experience.

Duane

/ PT422 PTO Problem #4  
Sorry, I didn't read your profile. I see now that the only powered implement you have is the mower.

Have you tried re-creating the problem at full lock with the steering? I don't believe that I have ever been in that situation. The only problems that I have had at full lock is with the dump and tilt. I believe that the main PTO is a different pump.