Power-Trac made Skid Steer QA?

/ Power-Trac made Skid Steer QA? #1  

ToolcatWonka5610

Gold Member
While reading this article it said Power-Trac had an available Skid Steer QA for theirolder machines. This on their older late 1990s machines.
For the people with older machines (J_J) did they have then?
March 98
Third Paragraph, last line.

/ Power-Trac made Skid Steer QA? #2  
While reading this article it said Power-Trac had an available Skid Steer QA for theirolder machines. This on their older late 1990s machines.
For the people with older machines (J_J) did they have then?
March 98
Third Paragraph, last line.

I have never heard anything about that, but when I inquired what it would cost to retrofit my 1445 to QA, they came up with something like $1000.

I have adapted a Skidsteer plate to use my three point Power-Trac attachments. Yes, it would be easy enough to adapt a plate to use skidsteer attachments.

/ Power-Trac made Skid Steer QA?
What I'm wondering is it sounds like PT made it fopr their machines at one time.
I also saw that 1850 that was on eBay is back, now it's gone again after a day.
I'm still kinda interested in it. I told Chris at PT about it and how it rolled intlo a lake and he said "They only thing to worry about is the engine. The hydraulic Pumps should be ok"
"The hydraulic Pumps should be ok?" Does this make anyone else wonder?

/ Power-Trac made Skid Steer QA? #4  
"The hydraulic Pumps should be ok?" Does this make anyone else wonder?

Think about it -- that's a closed system (except for filler cap vent) that keeps all its circuits completely full of oil....

Probably got water in the hydraulic tank, but it likely never made it to the pumps before the engine stopped pumping...

So you think it'd be ok Kent?
I like that 1850 its a good price and low hours. The motor and everything else was rebuilt and Dan (the seller) said it runs great. How it keeps getting hours on it makes me think he's using it for himself so hopefully he would know if it works good. It's a 1997 machine BTW.

/ Power-Trac made Skid Steer QA? #6  
Lots of changes for the positive made on the 1850 line after 2001. Also, not sure how the hours are increasing either if he is not selling any implements. Not sure how many hours are added either, so if it is only a couple then it is either him tinkering with it, or accidently leaving the key on.

Lots of changes for the positive made on the 1850 line after 2001. Also, not sure how the hours are increasing either if he is not selling any implements. Not sure how many hours are added either, so if it is only a couple then it is either him tinkering with it, or accidently leaving the key on.
Do you what changes Carl? Other than the Hydraulic QA.
He's a landscaper so he might be working with it. Everytime it's on there the hours are up by usually around 10 hours added. Since its the older 3pt hitch machine if he does work with it he probably used his tractor attachments on it.

/ Power-Trac made Skid Steer QA? #8  
Better brake system, hydraulic treddle, updated controls,

This tractor has probably rotted for 5 to 7 years outside. All the seals may be shot, hoses rotted... Lots of work...

This said, I bought mine used and abused, and know that I saved a ton of money and it works just like a new one. I know it is going to break down, but most of the time it is due to my issues..

How many hours did yours have when you got it and how many hours now? Just curious.

I'm trying to find a used one in good condition for a good price.
You get an excellent machine but for $32,000? Crazy!

/ Power-Trac made Skid Steer QA? #10  
The hours my machine are not verified. I bought it with 200 hours on the chasis, and a newish engine. I have put around 200 hours in 2 years...

Saddly due to work, I probably will put maybe 10 hours on the tractor for the year...

May sell mine if business continues to tank...