Bent quick attach

/ Bent quick attach #11  
Thanks for all the replies. It functions just fine but I keep thinking if it was that way when I bought it or did I do it. I just wondered if anybody else had this same issue. I can live with it but I mow a steep incline so I just lift the deck up, drive up to it,set the deck down gently and back up. Repeating this process many times. It is 300 feet long so what ever a 60 inch deck will do.
Thanks again.

Mine is bent. I think it happened when I pushed the bare plate (no attachment installed) against a tree. I was just playing around. I had to beat on it with a hammer to make it functional again. It is not perfectly flat, but it functions fine. It has been about 2 years since I straightened it and no problems. I would not worry about it if it is working OK.

/ Bent quick attach
Yes it works just fine so far. I haven't connected to any of my other attachments. I do not have a mini hoe but I would love to have one. Not in the budget right now but maybe one day.

/ Bent quick attach
Well my quick attach plate is bending to the point that a weld is starting to break. 99% of time all I do is mow with it. Bucket gets little use at this time. I called PT and am getting another one. What I would like to know is where everyone else's pivot point on the lift arms is. I mean the center area on the lift arms that pushes or pulls the connecting rod to the quick attach plate. Is yours short side up or long side up that controls the draft on the quick attach plate. Thanks everyone.

/ Bent quick attach #14  
I can't quite understand your question. I did take two pictures of my 422 QA. Maybe this will help. Can you take some pictures of yours.

Attachments

• quick attach plate o ntractor 001.jpg
    quick attach plate o ntractor 001.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 160
  • quick attach plate o ntractor 002.jpg
    quick attach plate o ntractor 002.jpg
    230.4 KB · Views: 149
   / Bent quick attach
Yes I see my question is hard to follow. I mean the center point on the lift arms where it curls from the hydraulic cylinder attached to the tractor. (Where the 2 grease fittings are). Should it be long side up or short side up. If you measure them they are different lengths. Thanks.

/ Bent quick attach #16  
OK. I understand. The long side is up. It is about one inch longer than the down side. What is yours. I have a 422 year 2000.

/ Bent quick attach
Mine is short side up and it is a new one from power trac. They told me the short side should be up but all their pictures show otherwise. They said they had some go through with the long side up. I don't know what to believe. I was told this is one reason why my quick attach plate bent my old one which is long side up and nothing wrong with is the reason. It is all under warranty but I also received a new quick attach plate as well. It is made different from the one I have and I think this is the entire reason it bent. The top pivot point on the quick attach plate on the new one is about 1/2 to 3/4 inches from the top edge to where the hinge begins and the old one is about 1-1/2 inches from the top edge to where the hinge begins. Any ideas on what to do. Should I keep my old lift arms on and just change the quick attach plate or change everything (lift arms and quick attach plate). I received both. Thanks

/ Bent quick attach #18  
Cool, can you show us some pictures of where your old plate bent? If it bent at the top, having the top pivot point up higher will help a lot. I would change out everything they sent you and keep the old parts. Others should comment here, but pictures are worth a lot. Borrow a camera if you have to.

Short side up would put more force on the QA plate. So it sounds like that is not the cause.