Postponed!

/ Postponed! #1  

ToolcatWonka5610

Gold Member
Ugh! The irritating life of a Landscaper! :mad:
Those of you waiting to see pics and hear about our trip to Taz, well you must have it because we don't! We had to Postpone the trip, read bellow.
So Thursday I get out of school were all ready for the trip about a couple hours before we were to leave, we get a call. We get a contract for some Demolition work in Bay City. Its pretty important, it has to be done in a certain amount of time because they're working a Bridge that goes over The Saginaw river and some concrete needs to be busted up and they need an extra smaller machine. We had no choice so we loaded up our Bobcat 430ZHS Excavator with the Hydraulic Breaker and Rotating Grapple and off we went. After that we need to do some Landscaping in Bay City also (Bay City has some beautiful homes and we do a great job so thats some good paying Landscaping in Bay City, Michigan) But yeah we had to work on it some today we were working for a while and then we did some stuff after that. I'm uniting my CAT work boots as we speak!

We haven't decided on a date to head down to Tazewell BTW ;)
So how is the people of PT forum? I've been a way for a while so...

/ Postponed! #2  
Be thankful for the work that you have!

Tazewell will be there and work might not be.

Just my $0.02.

All the best,

Peter

/ Postponed!
Yeah at least work is going up some.
We haven't been contracted for Demolition in about 9 months. (And Demoiltion used to be one of our biggest contracts, besides yard landscaping and mowing)
But it was nice to be back on the Bobcat 430 ZHS. That right there is a sign of jobs going back up. Last year the thing wasn't even used at all. Now its been used twice, soon a third time!
But I'm back, and I'm better than ever. *Slower Voice* Or maybe I'm lamer than ever, you think of that? You ever think that you might be a lame?! Yes I DO!
Sorry, GradualReport moment.
Now were trying to set a date for the trip. Hopefully soon.

/ Postponed! #4  
Ahhh, demo... Admit it. You love demo. I know I do...at least until it starts hurting too much. Shoot, even when it hurts, it's just plain fun to rip, tear and gouge. Sometimes I keep on even though it hurts.

But I'm old enough to be your grandfather...or worse. You'd better not be hurting yourself at your age. If you are - STOP RIGHT NOW!!!

(Cranky old bastard rant warning!!!)

At age 14, you have a life expectancy possibly approaching 100 years. It would be really stupid to spend 80 of those years crippled and hurting because you got all macho and stuff.

Go a little slower than you might want to. Don't let the "tough guys" get you off-track. When it comes down to being "manly" or being smart, well...think with the bigger head.

OK. I'll stop ranting now...

/ Postponed!
Yeah, Demolition is great. Its like a stress reliever. Busting, breaking, destroying concrete, oh its nice (good paying ,too) I actually look forward to Demo jobs.
And no way do I get hurt by it. I just do the initial Breaking, then attach the rotating grapple, and load it into a dump truck. The 430ZHS is a Cabed Excavator with a 1/2" thick special applications front window (originally sold with 1/4" thick but upgraded to 1/2" ) and 1/4" Side windows (sure locks the cool A/C or heat in!) Plus I wear my Bobcat hard hat, and special safety glasses.
My Dad and me are pretty strict on safety. We don't screw around ;)

I don't give a crap about the other guys. We get the job done right, even if it takes time.
Plus We still have good business!

/ Postponed! #6  
Check out the 1850 for sale on e-bay, it might be something for your business.

/ Postponed! #7  
Erne beat me to it. Just logged in to let you know about it. I am almost tempted to get a second one :) Now if it had the air conditioning like the other cabbed one :))) Would be easy to add.

Ken

/ Postponed!
Doesn't it have Air?
I actually saw it before both of you the other day. I thought it was in Michigan when I saw the Picture of it with the Cab but its not. It's nice one though, 600 hours isn't bad.

So anyway Ken, who are things going with your 1850? Do you get it fixed up?

/ Postponed! #9  
Yes, the tractor is working fine. Dug another ditch with it after the repair. Hope to be using it in a few hours.

Ken

/ Postponed! #10  
ToolcatWonka5610,

No disrespect intended, but,

All that I am reading just doesn't add up. Riding in your dads truck, and watching equipment work, does not equate to experience.

I am still not convinced that you do what you say you do, and have all the equipment you say you all have. Do you have a bunch of video of you working at industrial sites, etc. I already had a thought that you would not make it to Power-Trac for some reason. Just where and when did you get all this experience, on all that equipment, going to school, playing sports,etc. I still don't believe that they let you work at work sites being under age, and especially at industrial work sites. You know, things like workman's comp with your name on it, etc. Are you included on your dads license, and what kind of license does he have. How many employees, etc Do you make enough money to pay income tax? I wished your dad did have a computer, so I could talk directly, and not get third party data.

If you are for real, and you know what you say you know, and have done all you say, then I commend you, and wish you gook luck in all your endeavors. I just might stop by one day, and visit, and look at some of your nice equipment.