weedeater for a 425

/ weedeater for a 425 #1  

washita

Silver Member
Tractor
pt 425, JI Case, Gravely Comm.10A
has anyone made a weedeater style attachment for a pt, maybe a style to fit on the deck, 4 acres of pasture and lots of fence to trim, preferably it would not destroy the fence or fenceposts, several years back I seen a aftermarket unit for a zero turn lawnmower looked like a 12v motor with string on it cannot remember who made it

/ weedeater for a 425 #2  
There are some very nice fancy orchard style mowers that are hydraulically driven. They swing around vines and trees when they touch them. On a different computer right now so i do not know if i saved the link or not.

Ken

/ weedeater for a 425 #3  
has anyone made a weedeater style attachment for a pt, maybe a style to fit on the deck, 4 acres of pasture and lots of fence to trim, preferably it would not destroy the fence or fenceposts, several years back I seen a aftermarket unit for a zero turn lawnmower looked like a 12v motor with string on it cannot remember who made it
My uncle told me about a little Electric Trimmer you'd hook up to your battery and use it.
I'm sure you could modifiy it to work on the front of a PT.

Thats all I remember about it.

/ weedeater for a 425 #6  
I finally found the price for the Z-Trimmer. $250.00

/ weedeater for a 425
thats the one I seen will call today, thanks should be a real timesaver

/ weedeater for a 425 #8  
just check back in to see if anybody had any luck with peco z trimmer thanks

/ weedeater for a 425 #9  
just check back in to see if anybody had any luck with peco z trimmer thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by howierd3866
I know this is a old post but has
*anybody tried it yet.Thanks

*Don't look like so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1735297
I agree it looks interesting. I have a couple of concerns however. First the current draw of up to 30 amps is more than many mower engines produce. Most gas engines up to 25 hp have 15 or 20 amp alternators. Second I question whether it would be powerful enough. Even at 30 amps it would be 360 watts or about one half horsepower. As compared to most gas trimmers this is quite low.

Just hang a walk behind push mower out from the side of your tractor.