New Videos

/ New Videos #1  

3238dpw

Gold Member
Tractor
Power Trac 425, C-121 Wheel Horse, 2 Exmark 60 inch zero turn mowers
I was looking for KentT videos on You Tube and was quite surprised to see Power Trac has posted about 27 videos on there. It is pretty cool cause now you can get a look at how an attachment works of more than 5 seconds that PT video has on it. Just thought you guys would want to know

/ New Videos #2  
I was looking for KentT videos on You Tube and was quite surprised to see Power Trac has posted about 27 videos on there. It is pretty cool cause now you can get a look at how an attachment works of more than 5 seconds that PT video has on it. Just thought you guys would want to know
Thanks. I watched some.
I think PT made a good decision putting the machines on YouTube, get it out there.

You can probably guess which video I watched first if you know me ;)

/ New Videos #3  
I have to disagree on the videos.. I don't feel they do anything to sell the PT product, its unique, efficient characteristics. PT has no sense on how to properly market themselves, and right now would be a great time to take the step. Then again, its what I do for a living so complaining about other peoples work is second nature. It is good that PT put the effort in.

Two of the videos that really bothered me were the Stump Grinder and Planter Drill. The fact both implements stopped while working made me say that I do not want a machine that can't do the job... Especially when you go to a stump grinder website and see the video chew the heck out of a stump without stopping...

Nope, underwelmed....

/ New Videos #4  
I also thought that the planter auger video was poor because the auger kept grinding and grinding and never seemed to get any deeper... and it wasn't tossing much dirt out the side. Until you hit rocks, the auger goes deeper much faster then that.

I think the PT videos are focused on trying to sell implements, not trying to sell the tractors. They definitely barely hint on why you would even want a PT to begin with.

Carl, did you ever see the VHS video that PT put together? I think you might rip your hair out... the voice-over sounds like it was done by Forst Gump (but without the humor)...

/ New Videos #5  
I finally did see there video. I am cleaning my screen right now from the coke spit from your forest gump comment. Made me laugh hard.

So, I would love to hear from everyone what model they have and what the pros in their minds are to that particular machine... Make up some sort of a list.

I know of a 1445, an 1850, and a 425 on the west coast. I might indeed put together a spot one day.

/ New Videos #6  
I also thought that the planter auger video was poor because the auger kept grinding and grinding and never seemed to get any deeper... and it wasn't tossing much dirt out the side. Until you hit rocks, the auger goes deeper much faster then that.

I think the PT videos are focused on trying to sell implements, not trying to sell the tractors. They definitely barely hint on why you would even want a PT to begin with.

Carl, did you ever see the VHS video that PT put together? I think you might rip your hair out... the voice-over sounds like it was done by Forst Gump (but without the humor)...

OH MY !! could your last paragraph be construed as Demographic profiling ? :p

/ New Videos #7  
It was not just the deep southern accent, it was the same inflectionless, monotonous repetition for every tractor of all the available attachments.

Power Trac said:
You've got your small bucket, and you've got your material bucket and you've got your four in one bucket and you've got your grapple bucket....

Or words to that effect (I haven't watched it since 2005, so maybe I didn't get the wording quite right).

oh, and Rivco, you have made me try to squash that bug on your avatar at least 3 times in the last 5 minutes...

/ New Videos #8  
Sorry about that annoying little bug, I don't know how it got into my computer. It's stuck between my screen and and the Power-Trac forum rolling TelePrompTer. It's definitely lost because it just keeps running in figure eights 24/7/365. I'm hoping it will die of old age soon. :D

/ New Videos #9  
Sorry about that annoying little bug, I don't know how it got into my computer. It's stuck between my screen and and the Power-Trac forum rolling TelePrompTer. It's definitely lost because it just keeps running in figure eights 24/7/365. I'm hoping it will die of old age soon. :D
*Smacks screen continuosly*
COME ON!!!

/ New Videos #10  
I watched some of the videos today. The one showing the ''boom mower'' in action
made me wonder why it doesn't have wheels or skids to run along the ground while
mowing. You can see the operator is working very hard to keep the mower at the right level with the ground.