Robin Subaru Engine Problems With Solutions

/ Robin Subaru Engine Problems With Solutions #31  
I should of specified that I have a 2007 425 where the flywheel side of engine is faceing the rear of tub and flywheel can be manipulated through blower housing.

Kris

/ Robin Subaru Engine Problems With Solutions #32  
Kris,

I've been doing about the same as Tim - soda straw in the plug hole and bump the starter with a jumper wire. I was afraid of breaking either the plastic fan shroud or one of the cooling fan blades if I tried prying from the back.

Can you post a photo or description of the alignment mark on the flywheel?

BTW, I've just adjusted valves for the second time at about 850 hours. The intake valve clearances have been very tight both times, causing hard starting and rough idle. The exhaust valves were very close to perfect. That's the opposite of what most engines do.

/ Robin Subaru Engine Problems With Solutions #33  
I'm trying to find a muffler for my genator model EH 63 DA2310 4627 Serial No. 1006037

/ Robin Subaru Engine Problems With Solutions #34  
Sorry I forgot to mention I want a quiet muffler or a kit to make my muffler quiet

/ Robin Subaru Engine Problems With Solutions #35  
Did any one mention that a coil (at least on my 22 hp robin engine) can be installed backwards and it will not work?

/ Robin Subaru Engine Problems With Solutions #36  
Did any one mention that a coil (at least on my 22 hp robin engine) can be installed backwards and it will not work?

Is this one of those "don't ask me how I know" posts? :)

/ Robin Subaru Engine Problems With Solutions #37  
Me again, years later. I've been waiting for hours for the engine to warm up enough to start. I have it under a blanket with a heater in the garage. I wonder if it would like a banana daquiri and back rub. I hate this Robin engine, and it makes me dislike the Power-Trac tractor too. I have an unreliable tool.

/ Robin Subaru Engine Problems With Solutions #38  
I've been waiting for hours for the engine to warm up enough to start. I have it under a blanket with a heater in the garage.
I wish that PT had made enough room in the engine tub to add a mechanical clutch to the engine.

I am convinced that 60% of the engine start problems would go away if you could start it unloaded (without the drag of the cold hydraulic fluid in the hydraulic pumps).

/ Robin Subaru Engine Problems With Solutions #39  
Me again, years later. I've been waiting for hours for the engine to warm up enough to start. I have it under a blanket with a heater in the garage. I wonder if it would like a banana daquiri and back rub. I hate this Robin engine, and it makes me dislike the Power-Trac tractor too. I have an unreliable tool.

Does the engine spin easily with the starter, but will just never ignite the gas?

/ Robin Subaru Engine Problems With Solutions #40  
i HAVE A PT 422 WITH SUBARU ENGINE (BOUGHT IN 1999 AND NOW HAVE ALMOST 1,900 HOURS ON IT AND THE ORIGINAL BATTERY) AND IT STARTS WITHOUT ANY PROBLEM SO FAR THIS YEAR IN AN UNHEATED GARAGE AND TEMPERATURES IN THE MID 20'S. I LOVE THAT SUBARU ENGINE.