Mowing telescoping boom mower for larger PTs?

/ telescoping boom mower for larger PTs? #41  
The tilt seat works reasonably well for me but i do need to adjust it - has a slight angle to it on flat ground. When i shut it off, the seat tilts over time so sometimes when i get back on, i have to drive it a bit before it starts working right. Other times, it works right away. The reality is, i do not realize how nice it is to have until it is not working like i would wish. I have been doing a lot of 20 degree work lately and it never occurred to me how uncomfortable it would be if it did not tilt until i was walking the same ground.

I can not recommend my suspension seat mod enough - by far, my most important modification. The low profile suspension does not have as much travel as a normal one but i can reach the pedals and not hit my head.

Ken

/ telescoping boom mower for larger PTs?
The reality is, i do not realize how nice it is to have until it is not working like i would wish. I have been doing a lot of 20 degree work lately and it never occurred to me how uncomfortable it would be if it did not tilt until i was walking the same ground. I can not recommend my suspension seat mod enough - by far, my most important modification. Ken

Hey Ken,

Unlike 1845 0r 1850, the seat of 2445 sits on top of the engine hatch. The higher view is nice but the center of gravity is a tradeoff. The seat also swivels to the back to service the backhoe and adjusts total maybe 12" forward and back on tracks for operator comfort. Retrofitting a tilt seat will be challenging, but i'd like to give it a go. I'll take some pics this weekend.

/ telescoping boom mower for larger PTs? #43  
While you are snapping pix of the seat, lets see some of the property... You got a topo as well?

/ telescoping boom mower for larger PTs? #44  

I like this idea from sabre samurai, do you think it could work with a PT 425 with its higher hydraulic flow rate or is there a way to regulate it? I do need something like this but don't like the boom mower from pt being dangerous from flying debris. I have a steep embankment that needs mowed once a month at least.

/ telescoping boom mower for larger PTs? #45  
If it fits your budget, I don't see a problem. You could use either a restrictor or a flow divider, or maybe something else that I'm not thinking of right now.

If I had the bux, I'd be ordering one. As it is, I'll be doing workarounds with weedeaters and Roundup...

/ telescoping boom mower for larger PTs? #46  
It has been a while since I have read that web sight but I remember something on there about the problem of too much hyd. flow and preasure

/ telescoping boom mower for larger PTs? #47  
I like this idea from sabre samurai, do you think it could work with a PT 425 with its higher hydraulic flow rate or is there a way to regulate it? I do need something like this but don't like the boom mower from pt being dangerous from flying debris. I have a steep embankment that needs mowed once a month at least.

You could use something like this. It divides the flow in to, two equal outputs, so the 8 GPM would split into 4 each or reduce your rpms. Use the 4 GPM and send the other back to tank.

https://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?UID=2009091820430644&item=9-1048-A&catname=hydraulic