best uses of old hyd wheel motors..

/ best uses of old hyd wheel motors.. #1  

wasabi

Platinum Member
Tractor
PT2445 and PT1850
new thread for side topic:

Spare wheel motors, maybe auger head, stump grinder , trencher, saw blade. Maybe give them to your friends , hint, hint.

I hear you JJ and DO value the input and support of friends....now about this sawmill idea of yours...tell me just how big a blade we can run and how to achieve right speed...

since you could easily make a stump grinder, maybe i supply the motors and you could make two.....

Last edited:
   / best uses of old hyd wheel motors.. #2  
Send 'em to me. I'll find somethin' to do with 'em.

But seriously, folks - stump grinder, trencher, auger, broom, power rake... low to medium speed, good torque. It mostly depends on what other parts you can scrounge.

/ best uses of old hyd wheel motors.. #4  
Are those wheel motors 1500 psi, two is series, or 3000 psi each.

/ best uses of old hyd wheel motors.. #5  
The White RS wheel motors used on the 400-series machines are 1500 PSI .

FYI -- these people carry V-belt pulleys with tapered shafts that SHOULD fit the wheel motors. I have not ordered one to try it -- this is as far as I've gotten.

Jenny Products, Inc.

Personally, I'd like to make a pot-hole digger out of one, but since I'm not a welder that changes the whole cost-effectiveness equation dramatically if I have to pay someone to create my Rube Goldbergs...

/ best uses of old hyd wheel motors.. #6  
Time for you to buy a used Lincoln stick welder. Check out Craigs List. I got mine for $100 (AC and DC). Have a metal shop cut up your template and off you go....

/ best uses of old hyd wheel motors.. #7  
On of the PT guys made this auger setup.

Attachments

• DSCF0098.JPG
    DSCF0098.JPG
    326.1 KB · Views: 307
  • DSCF0099.JPG
    DSCF0099.JPG
    327.7 KB · Views: 230
  • DSCF0109.JPG
    DSCF0109.JPG
    325.9 KB · Views: 244
   / best uses of old hyd wheel motors..
Turns out our 2445 wheel motors will drive dualies just fine...so those extra motors aren't....

/ best uses of old hyd wheel motors..
WOW, well that saved you some coin.

you bet...Terry also claims brakes can be adjusted to negate need for tender...

i'm focusing in on wheels, tires, 72" rough cut mower behind and telescoping boom mower