Motor info for a 425 "Brush Cutter"

/ Motor info for a 425 "Brush Cutter" #1  

FFC_Fencing

Tractor
New Holland TL90; New Holland TN65; two PT 425; One PT 422; Swinger 2000; Bobcat 773
We lost a 48" brush cutter for a 425 in a fire. I think we can save it with some new wheels and a new motor. Can anyone tell me what the specs are for that motor? I realize that Power-trac needs to make a living too, but I can't justify spending double the cost of an off the shelf motor just to buy it from them. Any Help would be appreciated...

Attachments

• 8-26-09 021.jpg
    8-26-09 021.jpg
    312.6 KB · Views: 151
   / Motor info for a 425 "Brush Cutter" #2  
Sorry about your loss.

Several years ago, someone replaced one, and I believe it was a 3 cu in Danfoss motor.

Found the post.

06-16-2004, 10:01 PM #10 (permalink)
kludge

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If we have the same Danfoss motor the one on my 48" brush cutter is a Danfoss 151-2121 Series DH-50. I have not looked up the specs but this comes off the label on the top of the motor. I bought mine 1 year ago. I had to replace the original motor under warranty. The new motor was not painted black so the label is still legible. When my unit arrived the first motor ran for about 5 mins. Terry sent me a replacement and I returned the original.

/ Motor info for a 425 "Brush Cutter" #4  
Who's that bald faced impostor?

/ Motor info for a 425 "Brush Cutter"
Thanks guys! I've been away from the forum for quite some time. I was glad to see JJ still available to answer questions. It is obvious that the reduction in facial hair did not reduce his wisdom.

The fire took a large barn and indoor arena at a customer's place where we had cleared some lines for a fence. Luckily our big equipment was left outside that night. Three skidsteers of other contractors had been left in the barn and were a total loss. The fire was traced to a bucket of rags that had been used for staining the stall fronts. (the barn had a bar, shower, etc...very nice)

/ Motor info for a 425 "Brush Cutter" #6  
People do not realize that these rags can self combust - throwing them in a pail of water outside or an oil rag safety can (picked one up that someone was throwing out) is not a bad way to go.

Ken