Price Check Great price on wheel motor upgrade for new 425s

/ Great price on wheel motor upgrade for new 425s #1  

KentT

Elite Member
Tractor
1993 Power Trac 1430 w/Kubota diesel engine
For those of you with late-model 425s, with the bolt-on wheel motor boxes and "higher torque" White CE wheel motors, newest Surplus Center catalog has White 18.3 ci CE wheel motors for $169.99 each. That's about 1/2 price, maybe a bit less, for those of you with the higher-torque wheel motors that still might not be quite enough for you. Should bolt right in...

Without doing the calculations, these would likely give a top speed of about 6.5 mph or so, and significantly increase low-speed torque. Going from memory, I think your current "higher torque" motors are 15.3 or 15.4ci -- one size smaller than these.

If you have an older 425 or any 422, you could cut off the wheel-mounting boxes and use the newer bolt-on style from PT, but you'd also have to buy new wheel motor hubs from PT (your White RS motors have 1" tapered shafts and these have 1.5" tapered shafts) so your parking brake would work. Still could be a lot cheaper and less work than converting to Char-Lynn S series. Wish these had been available when I was doing my shade-tree engineering...

Note that these motors have case drains, so you'd have to plumb them in to a return line...

Itme number 9-7741, titled 18.3 cu. in. Hyd. Wheel Motor, for $169.99