Homemade Quick Attach Plate

/ Homemade Quick Attach Plate #1  

jaquetarr

Silver Member
Tractor
PoiwerTrac 2445
Gents,
I need to move a 2 cu-yd concrete mixer around and did a search on the Power Trac section to learn from past experience. I found several clamp ons for forks and buckets and a couple receivers welded on bare Quick attach plates.

I think I'll go with the quick & dirty ball on the bucket for my needs....
But got to thinking, has anyone made a quick attach plate for a special use? Another forum search turned up blank.

The attach plate for my PT2445 looks to be about 1/2" thick. I think one could be made of heavy flat bar & angle.

Has anyone given it a try and what was your experience??

Thanks for your thoughts,
tim

/ Homemade Quick Attach Plate #2  
I had some made for my 1850 and they work ok. I would not hesitate to make my own now.

Ken

/ Homemade Quick Attach Plate #3  
I made a few. Here is one with a 2 inch receiver on it. I consider this a medium duty version, but I have had no issues with it. I did use angle iron. I have posted this here before.

I have more pictures if you need them.

I used a piece of rebar as the front lip to go over the PT quick attach front plate.

Attachments

• quick attach plate cheap and light 016.JPG
    quick attach plate cheap and light 016.JPG
    218 KB · Views: 637
  • quick attach plate cheap and light 020.JPG
    quick attach plate cheap and light 020.JPG
    222 KB · Views: 568
  • quick attach plate cheap and light 007.JPG
    quick attach plate cheap and light 007.JPG
    231.3 KB · Views: 419
  • quick attach plate cheap and light 011.JPG
    quick attach plate cheap and light 011.JPG
    232.4 KB · Views: 471
  • quick attach plate cheap and light 012.JPG
    quick attach plate cheap and light 012.JPG
    233 KB · Views: 517
   / Homemade Quick Attach Plate
Thanks for your pictures. What you show is pretty much as I had envisioned.

Don't know why it did't show up in my 'quick plate' search.
Guess it's time to get out the welder,
tim

Gents,
After reading Bob Rips post, I redid my search for "Quick Attach Plates" and spent most of the evening reviewing the excellent ideas there. I think the easiest and cheapest solution for me is to take one of my least used attachments with easily accessed bolts (trencher) and use the plate from it. I can fabricate a bolt on bracket from pre-owned 1/2" flat bar and angle, buy a receiver and weld it all up. When its bolted on using the same bolts, it should be strong enough to take any stress.

Since I'm new to this Forum, I'll try to post pics when its done.

I noted that several of the designs had hooks or eyes welded on the receiver. Have these proved useful? I could also weld a hook / eye on a mini boom for the same use.

B'Rgds,
Tim

/ Homemade Quick Attach Plate #6  
I use a two inch hitch receiver on a Q/A plate. (actually two, one on a home made plate and one on a PT plate. I then make attachments that will plug into that. This might work for some of your needs and it is quick to attach and detach.
I seem to use the two inch receiver every day. I have a boom pole, ditch blade, a "shovel" and other attachments that plug into it. I have posted it here.

Your other concept is also very good.

Well, I bought a new reciever & ball hitch, I had some 1/2"Flat bar and used that to fabricate the bolt on attachment.
Pklease see the pics attached (if I got it to work)
Flat black paint is the welders friend.

The four bolts come off easy and when I need to use the trencher, I'll swap the plate back.

Tim

Attachments

• DSCF0007.JPG
    DSCF0007.JPG
    200.9 KB · Views: 489
  • DSCF0009.JPG
    DSCF0009.JPG
    200.7 KB · Views: 485
   / Homemade Quick Attach Plate #8  
Well, I bought a new reciever & ball hitch, I had some 1/2"Flat bar and used that to fabricate the bolt on attachment.
Pklease see the pics attached (if I got it to work)
Flat black paint is the welders friend.

The four bolts come off easy and when I need to use the trencher, I'll swap the plate back.

Tim

Not to get off track but, How are the bolts attached to the plate. welded, threaded or is their a recess in the back of the plate for the head of the bolts? I can see where a bolt up qa plate would be handy for someone with out a welder.

Not off track at all,
The bolts are counter sunk flat head allen hex bolts that pass thru.
I took the plate off my trencher attachment. However I have a couple other attachments that bolt on as well, just not as easy to get to. From what I see, all the Quick Attach plates are drilled with a standard bolt hole pattern. These are new attachments (08-09), I can't say if older plates are so drilled.
Rgds,
tim

/ Homemade Quick Attach Plate #10  
My mower has the same QA Plate. Never thought of repurposing it but that is a great idea...

I broke the bolt (flat head hex) on my mower. Initially I thought it was a PT custom but found them at the local store..