Dodged a bullet

/ Dodged a bullet #1  

woodlandfarms

Tractor
PowerTrac 1850, Kubota RTV x900
Did I tell you I am home? 11 Months... Wow.. We have a guy who is getting divorced staying at the house so someone is watching over the place, and he is picking up the slack and mowing...

That said, I am realizing that the PT is not a tractor that should be driven by anyone but the owner.

It turns out that the overflow line from the wheel motor cracked. and has been leaking. I swear he must have stopped using it just as the oil nearly ran out. I looked in the oil tank and while there was some, boy, it was not nearly enough. At least 15 quarts low. Ugh...

Anyway... More issues to come...

/ Dodged a bullet #2  
My father in law uses my PT a lot so he usually does the oil changes. He did an oil change a few weeks ago and I asked him if he ever checks the hydraulic fluid and he said check it I changed it. I thought that was nice of him but when he told me he also changed every filter on the machine a cold chill ran up my spine. I asked if he bleed the hydraulic system and he said no he did not know about doing that. O s**t!
Fortunately he had just finished earlier in the day and had not started the tractor yet. Another bullet dodged.

Regards Paul R

/ Dodged a bullet #3  
"Did I tell you I am home? 11 Months... Wow"
Great feeling ain't it? The longest I was ever at Sea was 9 months. When your young that was a lifetime.
Welcome home! Now go play with your stuff.
Rgds,
tim