Better than a shovel

/ Better than a shovel #1  

J_J

Super Star Member
Tractor
Power-Trac 1445, KUBOTA B-9200HST
I am getting to old to use a shovel, and I have diabetic neuropathy in my feet, and they hurt 24/7. I found this neat digger that I think will satisfy my digging in the dirt, trans planting shrubs, etc. Although I have a tree spade, this digger is very versatile. This is the web site below.

DynaDiggr: Home

Check out the video.

Attachments

• diggrlayout_13_N.gif
    diggrlayout_13_N.gif
    100.2 KB · Views: 358
   / Better than a shovel #2  
Put a quick attach plate on it and it would be fantastic.

/ Better than a shovel
Put a quick attach plate on it and it would be fantastic.

That probably would not work, as you have to stick it in the ground about 15 times to go around a 3 ft circle. That PT would get a good work out. It can also tamp post and dig trenches.

I had even thought about using a hyd shaker to cut a slit around a shrub at a 45 degree angle. and lift it out. It could also be used to vibrate a post in the ground. I have a Case Mini-Sneaker just sitting there not being used.

/ Better than a shovel #5  
Mr. JJ
Check this link to an air powered shovel.

Morgan Industrial - air spade, air shovel, pneumatic spade, pneumatic shovel, post driver, pile driver, aeration machines, turbo tigger, dust suppression, dust extraction, wheel wash systems, Bitmumen storage, bitumen tanks, bitumen pumps, bitumen va

I was looking for a similar product to dig out some shallow foundations in rocky soil. I found this unit which seemed perfect except they are in Ireland and the price was $1200 - 1500 each.

I sad 'no thanks' and got an electric jack hammer with a spade bit off ebay for about $160. Before it came in my wife convinced me to hire the work out and be done with it. Took her advice and that p[hase of the project was done in 3 days.

Also found an air lance type soil remover which was a high pressure stream of air. cleaned the dirt out pretty quick but made a mess.

Rgds,
tim

/ Better than a shovel
If you look at HF, they have an air scraper that could be used as an air shovel. I found one at the local flea mkt for $5. My son purchased one from HF to take up ceramic tile, and he said it work very well. I have seen a video of those guys using the high velocity air around fruit trees. It looked like a pretty nasty job, with dirt flying everywhere.