Snow 20" Too Much Snow

/ 20" Too Much Snow #41  
Charlie-
I was thinking that the "too hot" condition resulted from hours of current passing through the solenoid, rather than external temperatures.

I think new ones are in the $50 or less range, since it is a standard Bosch part, but I have seen some folks asking $320 for it, so check your part #s, and try to cross reference.

Merry Christmas!

Peter

Now that I've wired around the seat switch, I'll use the shutoff switch as you suggest. I was wondering how I was going to do that.
On inspection last evening, I confirmed that the lever is just a kill switch, not hooked to the solenoid.
And, the solenoid worked properly after resting overnight. I guess it could have gotten pretty hot with several hours of plowing, but the temp gauge wasn't showing hot. Outside temp was about freezing. On occasion when I have gotten the engine hot mowing, it has been hard to restart and I've had to let it cool. Maybe the solenoid is sensitive to heat.(If it malfunctions again, I hope it will be in the run position.)
HAPPY HOLIDAYS

/ 20" Too Much Snow #42  
I purchased one of the "new" designs from my local Deutz distributor and it was over $200 plus an adapter wiring harness that brought the total delivered to more than $250.

You may recall I posted about it at the time--the problem wasn't the solenoid--rather a bad ground.

/ 20" Too Much Snow #43  
Ouch.
Memo has the new style ones for $147.
Oregon fuel injection has ones for $46.50-$140, but they need the part numbers off of the solenoid itself. (Makes me concerned that the lower price is for a different unit.)

All the best,

Peter

I purchased one of the "new" designs from my local Deutz distributor and it was over $200 plus an adapter wiring harness that brought the total delivered to more than $250.

You may recall I posted about it at the time--the problem wasn't the solenoid--rather a bad ground.

Last edited:
   / 20" Too Much Snow #44  
Ouch.
Memo has the new style ones for $147.
Oregon fuel injection has ones for $46.50-$140, but they need the part numbers off of the solenoid itself. (Makes me concerned that the lower price is for a different unit.)

All the best,

Peter

What is the URL for Memo?

/ 20" Too Much Snow #45  
looks like farm23's original thread has officially been hijacked.....