red green fix

/ red green fix #1  

toy

Platinum Member
I built a cab for my 425 in 2003 or spring of 2004 and it has served me well until the 2 foot of snow and the downed trees. I had already cleaned the driveway to my house and my brothers house and all was going fine. I pushed the big limbs that had fell in my brother's drive way and it was all the 425 could do to push them but I got the job done. When I got back to the house I had 2 little trees that had fell behind my garrage that blocked off one of the directions that I could go when I exited the garrage with the power track, so I decided that I would push them out of the way. At this time I had put the forks on the pt to do the job, and as I was pushing the trees over one of them slide up the back plate that I have welded to my forks. The tree that I was pushing had a fork in it and when the forks of the tree split enough for the branches to fall off of the back plate one of the limbs fell down and hit the top of the windshield. When the limb hit the windshield it cracked the windshield all the way across where the plexiglass had the sharpest bend.

I can put duct tape over the crack and make do until spring and if nothing else the crack is still close on both sides and the way I made it that part of the window goes out at the top and is bent back in towards the bottom to give extra room for using the joystick and still allowing full movement of the lift arms.

As sickening as it was to hear the window crack I still feel I have got good service out of it, it has helped keep me warm during the winters for about six years and it won't be that hard to make another one to replace it.

I never did get around to putting a windshield wiper on it but I have worked it in pretty heavy rains and the way it was made I never had any trouble with the rain blocking my sight. O'well another job on the to do list.

/ red green fix #3  
Toy-
You might try to get some plexiglass solvent glue. It will wick into the crack and dissolve both sides. It won't have the strength of the original, but it might get you some more hours of use out of it.

All the best,

Peter