The biggest Power Trac ever!

/ The biggest Power Trac ever! #1  

3238dpw

Gold Member
Tractor
Power Trac 425, C-121 Wheel Horse, 2 Exmark 60 inch zero turn mowers
Just thought you guys would enjoy these. I spent a day a few months ago operating this at my job, so I snapped some pics for all of you to enjoy.
First pic is of the beast.
Second is from the seat going down the road.
The rest are basically the same as the first two.

Attachments

• vermont 2009 049.jpg
    vermont 2009 049.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 403
  • vermont 2009 048.jpg
    vermont 2009 048.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 190
  • vermont 2009 047.jpg
    vermont 2009 047.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 162
  • vermont 2009 050.jpg
    vermont 2009 050.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 190
   / The biggest Power Trac ever!
here are some more with pics of the controls

Attachments

• vermont 2009 054.jpg
    vermont 2009 054.jpg
    286.2 KB · Views: 158
  • vermont 2009 053.jpg
    vermont 2009 053.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 176
  • vermont 2009 052.jpg
    vermont 2009 052.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 190
  • vermont 2009 051.jpg
    vermont 2009 051.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 173
   / The biggest Power Trac ever! #5  
That is one heavy duty machine. Is that a 4 in 1 bucket? If you notice where the cylinders and bucket arms are attached, it looks like it could lift about half it's own weight. What is the main purpose of the machine?

/ The biggest Power Trac ever! #6  
I assume you had a hoot. The only articulated loader I've driven (other than around the yard to work on) was a CAT 980G, and it took days to wipe the grin off my face.

I'm going to assume that I'm not the only one to turn into a 10 year old boy when I'm around them... Aren't they great? Where you run that bucket, the rest will follow...almost.

JJ-Yes it is a 4in1 bucket. As far as what it is used for that is a tuff question. It is kind of like asking what is the primary use of your PT. But we use it for loading trucks, snow and picking up fallen trees just to name a few. You are right it can pick up a huge amount of wieght.

I have to admit I don't get as big of a kick out of it as some of you would because no matter how cool it is it is still a job.:)

Just thought I give you fellas an idea how big that thing is. The town I work for followed the county specs that they put out for loaders last year when we got it. They wanted a 4in1 bucket that could hold 3 yards of material. They cheated a little by just adding that metal across the top. We have to be careful as it will bend very easy. We are thinking of torching it off as it also makes it difficult to see.

The cool thing about that machine is the bucket is a quick attach (just like the PT). The attachmens can all be changed from the cab, except for hydralic lines. We also have a regular bucket, forks and a jib boom for it. Despite its size it is very versatile.

We have alot of equipment (Lucky me:cool::D), So I never know what I am going to be running. I know I am lucky and shouldn't complain about my job, but there is just way too much politics. We have a backhoe, another loader, grader, skid steer and 6 different tractors we use for many things. I wont even count all the trucks. This the reason I got the PT. It was so frustrating to come home and have to dig with a shovel all day on a Saturday when if I was at work I could get it done in 10 minutes without breaking a sweat.

/ The biggest Power Trac ever! #10  
If you notice where the cylinders and bucket arms are attached, it looks like it could lift about half it's own weight.

I just looked up the specs and you are right on.

Operating weight 31,800 lbs
Tipping load 22,500 lbs
Lift to max height 15,400lbs

What a beast:)