$10.00 Slicer/Trencher

/ $10.00 Slicer/Trencher
Yeah, it was stick. I have an old Sears AC/DC arc welder that I bought in 1980, used once or twice and stored until this year. It still works great. I'm the only limitation /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ $10.00 Slicer/Trencher #12  
David:
It looks great, and I'll bet the wire guide will do well. We have run some wire behind what we called a chisel plow - like yours but with a wedge at the bottom - by shackling a block (pulley) to a hole drilled through the back edge of the plow. Didn't do the pulley bearings any good, but worked pretty well.
Of course, now you have to build brackets to hold the reel of wire so it feeds smoothly. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ $10.00 Slicer/Trencher #13  
not to hijack your thread but I have done as DelW suggested and cut the trenching boom off a archer trencher and welded a quick attack plate to it,does anyone know what size hydraulic motor I should be using to drive the trenching chain?

/ $10.00 Slicer/Trencher #14  
Welcome to T B N .
Did you happen to notice that this thread is 7 years old?
not to hijack your thread but I have done as DelW suggested and cut the trenching boom off a archer trencher and welded a quick attack plate to it,does anyone know what size hydraulic motor I should be using to drive the trenching chain?

/ $10.00 Slicer/Trencher #16  

Welcome to TBN, washita... That's a good question and it might be better to start a new thread in the Hydraulics - TractorByNet.com section. To get more people interested be sure to post some photos of your project (even if it's just the boom). Sorry, I don't have an answer but I'm sure someone should be able to help you.

Also, don't worry about digging up old threads it's has been done several times by someone on my "Ignore" list. ;) ;)

/ $10.00 Slicer/Trencher #17  
welllllllll I truly enjoy the learning curve when it comes to building attachments and strive to do adequate research to avoid problems but I will use the advice and post a picture and question in the hydraulics section I have been accused of building Rube Goldberg type attachments in the past ie; portable backhoe

/ $10.00 Slicer/Trencher
Welcome to T B N .
Did you happen to notice that this thread is 7 years old?

I hope you were joking with our new member about opening up old threads, L.B..... 'cause you were the king of doing this exact same thing when you first started here. :rolleyes:

/ $10.00 Slicer/Trencher #19  
welllllllll I truly enjoy the learning curve when it comes to building attachments and strive to do adequate research to avoid problems but I will use the advice and post a picture and question in the hydraulics section I have been accused of building Rube Goldberg type attachments in the past ie; portable backhoe

Isn't there a statue of him on a hill overlooking Tazewell? :rolleyes:

/ $10.00 Slicer/Trencher

ANY TIME you find an old thread on TBN that you find interesting, educational, funny or otherwise, feel free to reply to it. :D There are no rules here regarding the age of a thread. ;)

Personally, I wish you would post some notes here in the Power Trac forum on this project as you will be using it on a Power Trac. :)