Snow Snow removal: LMB or plow

/ Snow removal: LMB or plow #21  
Well, think of it this way... that's a 700 mile round trip. If it costs you 40 cents a mile to own your car, that's $280.00 without paid labor. ;)

/ Snow removal: LMB or plow
Well, think of it this way... that's a 700 mile round trip. If it costs you 40 cents a mile to own your car, that's $280.00 without paid labor. ;)
Yeah, I know. That means that it is only costing me $200 for shipping. A bargain...

The crazy thing is that I paid $786 to ship Tazewell->CT in 2005... for PT422+4N1+Minihoe+mower deck. Twice the distance.

PT needs to try to negotiate better shipping rates. This isn't the first time that I have changed my mind about buying stuff from PT because of shipping costs.

/ Snow removal: LMB or plow #24  
PT needs to try to negotiate better shipping rates. This isn't the first time that I have changed my mind about buying stuff from PT because of shipping costs.

You don't have to use one of their shippers -- unless they've changed recently. You can arrange your own shipper. I had a friend pick up my minihoe and grapple bucket for me. Worked out well, since I didn't have to pay sales tax.

For shipping larger odd-sized things like gardent tractors or implements, I've heard that Land-Air Express is the cheapest, but I don't know if they do door-to-door or just depot-to-depot shipping...

/ Snow removal: LMB or plow #25  
I used my own shipper as well. At the time a PT suggested 3rd party worked out better than the original PT quote, and better than u-ship.

But, yes, small freightloads are a pain- for everybody. Try u-ship and be patient. If someone is going by Tazewell, and your place, it won't cost alot, but given the price of diesel, and the fact that a bunch of shippers have gone out of business, I wouldn't expect to do much better.

And careful of depot to depot- my PT came that way on a semi trailer that ended up being too long for 'my' depot. The depot came through for me (for which I remain very, very grateful) and found an empty lot nearby, drove their heavy duty forklift over and unloaded it. But we were five pounds away from the load limit on the fork lift, so it nearly didn't happen.

All the best,

Peter