Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    JD318, Power-Trac PT425 with scuffed-up green paint.

Default Re: LED Lights

Nicely done, Ksimolo! They look great. Very bright, and less load than even your stock setup! Excellent work!

-Rob
    2003 PT425 with 25 HP Kohler Command Pro engine. Light material bucket, rock bucket, pallet forks, mini hoe, power sweeper, fine cut 48" mower, 48" brush cutter, custom 12v powered 25 gallon liquid sprayer (see avatar). Tow behind brinley hardy spreader, thatching rake, and plug aerator. Running Mobil 10W/40 dino oil for hydro (same as factory fill), Mobil 1 10W/30 for engine. Best accessory: spinning knob on steering wheel.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    AC WD 34 hp/3500 lbs MF 261 60 hp/5380 lbs

I think those little LED head lamps are among the greatest jnventions of the twentieth century. I was wearing one the other night as I fixed a fence in the rain.

Tractor
    PT 425

I was reading on another sight that the fella's were only getting 10 hours out of them because of the motor type or charging situation. How long have they been lasting other Power-Trac owners? Would like to get some but don't want them to burn out after 10 hours for as much as they cost.

Tractor
    PowerTrac 1850

This is an interesting issue. These may NOT be appropriate for, I am sorry to say it this way, lawn mower engines. I don't know how else to describe it, and I don't fully get what the issue but it is related to the fact that an alternator in a thiese kohler, briggs, motors are not as smooth in terms of electrical output as a better designed alternator. this is all heresay in my world. I can only say we bought LED replacement bulbs for the wifes Koler Commander powered craftsman and they burned out very quickly. I thought I had bought cheap stuff but got on the internet and read a few comments blaming the alternator design in the smaller engines.

I wonder if these sealed beam bulbs, with the big heat syncs, would perform better
    Power-Trac 1850, grapple, hoe, 90" mower, 72" box blade

Tractor
    Kubota's - B7610, M4700

Y'all realize this thread, up to 4 posts ago is 2 years old?

Not quite zombie, but a real sleeper.

There's been a lot of advance and cost decline in LED's these past few years.
    My rides - '95 Kubota M4700 w/ PEC, LA1001 FEL :'07 B7610, LA352 FEL, Bush Hog SBX 48 box blade, '09 Woods BH70-X w/ 16" bucket and thumb, 3pt pallet forks, Dale Phillips PHD, Jinma 8" chipper, Winco 12KW PTO generator, Howse plow, 5' KK tiller with a 2002 7.3L Ford F350 CC DRW 4x4 and '07 18' Hudson HSE Deluxe trailer - 5 Ton to haul it all

Tractor
    Power Trac 1850, NH 2120

These lamps still work fine. Now they have the 27 watt ones for less money on Ebay. I bought some for about $25 each.

Ken
    PT1850, mini hoe, grapple, stump grinder, brush hog

http://www.usadiscountgenerators.com...T1850Home.html

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Power Trac PT1445

Since the actual LEDS need to run at tight voltage, and current specs, I can easily imagine that poorly regulated supplies will blow the voltage control circuit.

I lost two compact fluorescent bulbs recently when the 110V power dropped to 70V for a few hours.

The LEDS are working fine for me.

All the best,

Peter

LWG
    Silver Member
    Tractor
    Bobcat T200

Quote Originally Posted by woodlandfarms View Post
    This is an interesting issue. These may NOT be appropriate for, I am sorry to say it this way, lawn mower engines. I don't know how else to describe it, and I don't fully get what the issue but it is related to the fact that an alternator in a thiese kohler, briggs, motors are not as smooth in terms of electrical output as a better designed alternator. this is all heresay in my world. I can only say we bought LED replacement bulbs for the wifes Koler Commander powered craftsman and they burned out very quickly. I thought I had bought cheap stuff but got on the internet and read a few comments blaming the alternator design in the smaller engines.

I wonder if these sealed beam bulbs, with the big heat syncs, would perform better
    I think this is correct. If your machine has a true alternator, you should be okay with the LEDs. If your machine charges from a magneto, the LEDs will burn out in a few hours. I put LEDs in last year, and I burned out several different types. I went back to halogen lights.

Tractor
    Kubota B26, John deere X595

Quote Originally Posted by SpringHollow View Post
    I finally got around to installing my LED work lights. I am quite pleased with how they work.

PT1850 LED Lights

Here's a couple of pictures showing the difference:
    Wow,what a difference. I need to look into those. Thanks
    2010 Kubota B26 TLB w/hyd thumb. 2004 John Deere X595 w/62" MMM.

Carl Bertuzzi

Tractor
    Power-Trac PT1430

I also just received 2 27watt lamps that I purchased from amazon. They are so bright, I just installed one lamp unit on the rops facing forward and I think it is more than enough for my needs. I will probably install another one facing the back on the rops as well - just in case I have to work on the engine compartment and to see the rear side quarters.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast