LED Lights

/ LED Lights #1  

SpringHollow

Elite Member
Tractor
Power Trac 1850, NH 2120
I finally got around to installing my LED work lights. I am quite pleased with how they work.

PT1850 LED Lights

Here's a couple of pictures showing the difference:

Attachments

• FactoryLights_6732.jpg
    FactoryLights_6732.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 1,000
  • LEDComparison_6733.jpg
    LEDComparison_6733.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 1,052
   / LED Lights #2  
Ooooh! Sold!

I was just reading an article on the ones from Truck-lite, but they have ten LEDS, drawing 4.5A, and have an MSRP of $863/bulb ($300 retail), which seemed a little excessive.

How many amps do your lights draw? I would happily put these as reverse lights on my truck.

All the best,

Peter

/ LED Lights #3  
Putting lights up on the ROPS is a huge boon. Having the light up high really adds to the scope of view and night. I wish I had held off and spent money on the LED versions. I find that halogen I have tend to burn out / break from the vibration.

/ LED Lights
They are 18 Watts each so pull 1.5 Amps each.

Besides the added lumens, the CRI is pretty good which improves what you can see with each lumen. I really am very pleased with them. I have a third one - thinking of mounting to the back of the Fops facing the rear but i might replace the existing one instead. I will do a temporary install on the FOPS and see what i think. With the fops mounted to the front of the tractor, the articulation meand the light could easilb be facing the wrong way but it might have enough spread.

By the way, i double nutted the lights tight enough that tey stay put but i can rotatet and angle them to point where i need then to.

Ken

/ LED Lights #5  
I'd replace the existing one- that's where you are going, if you are backing up...

Great find!

All the best,

Peter

/ LED Lights #6  
I have my additional rears on the FOPS. I run both chasis and FOPS when rears are activated. Didn't find that the amount of light really improved much by keeping the lights low on the chasis. Better results for me up high.

/ LED Lights
That's why i wanted to try up high - seems like the better dispersion is worth that the center is not always pointed where you wish.

I really should add a small 1 led red light to shine on the dash switches although i do know where they mainly are by feel.

Ken

/ LED Lights #9  
There are lots available. I use the lumiled luxeon or Sunshine LEDs for red night lights, but these days, you can lots of snazzy surface mount lights. I'd get a 1 LED clearance light and splice in a resistor to turn the brightness down.

All the best,

Peter
good idea on the red light... Let me know what you find

/ LED Lights
Plowed tonight with the LED lights. Actually nicer than daylight because there was no glare. They light up in front of you better than the pictures show. I am REALLY pleased with them.

Ken