Aux Hydraulic will not connect - Fix

/ Aux Hydraulic will not connect - Fix #21  
If you think it's building psi while sitting hook the lines together on the attchment when not in use.

/ Aux Hydraulic will not connect - Fix #22  
If you think it's building psi while sitting hook the lines together on the attchment when not in use.

Many of us do but it would still be a sealed system so the pressure will still build. The advantage of hooking them together like you mention is that it equalizes the pressure on both sides, possibly lowering the total pressure.

Ken

/ Aux Hydraulic will not connect - Fix #23  
Hooking the lines together when the attachment is not in use the pressure may still build up but when you disconnect them to hook back up to the machine a little of the oil that has built up pressure might escape making the hook up easier.

/ Aux Hydraulic will not connect - Fix #24  
Hi Toy,

Thanks, you are right. I remember that happening when i used the traditional connectors. That does not happen with my flat face connectors.

Ken

/ Aux Hydraulic will not connect - Fix #25  
Ken,

Did you change all your QD's to flat face connectors?

/ Aux Hydraulic will not connect - Fix

That won't work because the connectors are the same sex.

/ Aux Hydraulic will not connect - Fix #27  
i made my auxillary on the PT to be one male and one female so they always get connected the same and so i can hook the attachment hoses together. Also converted to flat face connectors.

Ken

/ Aux Hydraulic will not connect - Fix #28  
That won't work because the connectors are the same sex.

You can make it work with a couple couplings of the opposite sex made up for them to hook up to, and that would be the best way to keep dirt out of the two hoses that you weren't using.

/ Aux Hydraulic will not connect - Fix
You can make it work with a couple couplings of the opposite sex made up for them to hook up to, and that would be the best way to keep dirt out of the two hoses that you weren't using.

That's OK and would help a lot. You could still get pressure build up though. You could have a vent hole in this pair. Put a filter around it and you would never have pressure build up. I will stick with the bracket for now. I would need 4 pairs for all of my attachments.

Lot's of good ideas here.

/ Aux Hydraulic will not connect - Fix #30  
That's OK and would help a lot. You could still get pressure build up though. You could have a vent hole in this pair. Put a filter around it and you would never have pressure build up. I will stick with the bracket for now. I would need 4 pairs for all of my attachments.

Lot's of good ideas here.

If you have the two fittings that you are using to connect the hoses together then there would be some room for the expansion pressure. I just thought of something, if when you first disconnect the implement after having used the lever to relieve the pressure before you disconnected, then you pushed in on the nub or what ever you would call it, at that time it should be easy to push in and with the hoses held low that would let a little oil out to give room for the expansion.