Best place to buy tank magnets?

/ Best place to buy tank magnets? #21  
I received the K&J magnetics magnets and they are unbelievably strong. They sent a couple small samples that were 1/8" that have no trouble keeping photos on the refrigerator, with only one per 4x6" photo.

The ones for the oil filters are phenomenal- literally tough to pull off.

Have fun!

All the best,

Peter
P.S. I got them in two days. It turns out that I could have driven to their shop.

/ Best place to buy tank magnets? #22  
One day I was having trouble unlocking my file cabinet at work. The key just would not turn. I finally realized that I had put a hard drive magnet on the side of my file cabinet too far forward and it was strong enough to pull the inner drawer locking bar against the side and keep me from turning the key! :laughing:

Attachments

• Moss HD Magnet.jpg
    Moss HD Magnet.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 117
   / Best place to buy tank magnets? #23  
I bought a couple of 1 1/2 x 3/4 disc magnets from K&J to mount on oil filters and they work perfectly. I have cut apart filters and found debris on multiple ocassions. Those magnets are not toys they have about 135 lbs of pull and are next to impossible to get apart and will give you blood blisters if you get your skin caught between them, speaking from personal experience. When I was showing a pair to a co-worker I warned him of there strength and he got them too close ( about 15" ) and they smashed together and shattered , he ended up needing tweezer to remove the peices and bandages to close the cuts from the schards that went flying into his hands and arms like shrapnel they are very very brittle. Very useful products but also very dangerous !!!!!!!

/ Best place to buy tank magnets? #24  
I do not doubt that magnets mounted on a filter housing will attract, and if strong enough trap, ferrous particles in the oil.

But wouldn't the filter itself trap these same particles without the magnet?

/ Best place to buy tank magnets? #25  
I do not doubt that magnets mounted on a filter housing will attract, and if strong enough trap, ferrous particles in the oil.

Probably most of them. But a few will be too small and slip through the filter.

/ Best place to buy tank magnets? #26  
Try it. On mine, an amazing amount of really fine sludge accumulates. It is certainly under the 30 micron size on the intake filter. I've cut open a couple of filters just to check.

Also, if it stays on the filter housing, it isn't clogging the pores on the filter, which should keep the pressure difference low.

All the best,

Peter