Anyone use skid steer attachments on their PT?

/ Anyone use skid steer attachments on their PT? #1  

American Bulldog

Gold Member
I saw somewhere where someone used a skid steer minihoe on a PT. Just wondering if anyone has used other attachments. Are there any skid steer attachment companies that can make them with a PT mount plate? Please tell me your experiences.

Some of the stuff that they make looks a little nicer than the PT stuff. I especially like their heavy duty grapple stuff. There are a couple that make a hoe that pivots. Now that would be cool.

Here are some links:

Skid Steer Attachments ? Skid Steer Loader Attachments | EdiSales.com

Gator Attachments Attachments

I am sure that there are many others.

/ Anyone use skid steer attachments on their PT?
Yeah that's the one I was referring to. Has anyone used anything else? Also, do any of the companies make their implements with quick attach for PT's? Or maybe will they at least weld the quick attach plate on for you?

/ Anyone use skid steer attachments on their PT? #4  
I followed Kens lead and bought the Lack Mini Hoe. From the same guy I bought a 5 ft bucket (Large materials sized but very heavy duty) and a gapple that attaches to it. I also bought a 3pt attachment and I think I bought my fork lift attachment from him.

They were all a bit more heavy duty than what PT offered, downside is that they are much more heavy and lift is a real issue on the 1800 series.

Carl

/ Anyone use skid steer attachments on their PT? #5  
You can mount a PT adapter on just about anything that is within your weight range. There is a lot of mini-skid stuff out there. I am making a conversion plate so I can use PT implements on my Case skidsteer. The Case stuff is to big for the PT, most of it.

/ Anyone use skid steer attachments on their PT? #6  
You can mount a PT adapter on just about anything that is within your weight range. There is a lot of mini-skid stuff out there. I am making a conversion plate so I can use PT implements on my Case skidsteer. The Case stuff is to big for the PT, most of it.

J_J, have you incurred any damage to the PT attachments by doing this? I am back to considering the 1430 and would like to use my 422 attachments on it. PT does not recommend this.

/ Anyone use skid steer attachments on their PT? #7  
Bob,

PT's official position makes some sense-

Using smaller attachments on a bigger tractor entails certain obvious risks. Liability lawyers get rich off of that stuff. PT has to allow for the CYA factor.

That said, I'm pretty sure you understand the risks. The bigger tractor might break the smaller attachment. That's OK - you can fix them.

Personally, I wouldn't be afraid to use my 425 attachments on a 1430 (with suitable attachment modifications). I would just remember that the tractor could break the attachment and go from there.

/ Anyone use skid steer attachments on their PT? #8  
Bob,

PT's official position makes some sense-

Using smaller attachments on a bigger tractor entails certain obvious risks. Liability lawyers get rich off of that stuff. PT has to allow for the CYA factor.

That said, I'm pretty sure you understand the risks. The bigger tractor might break the smaller attachment. That's OK - you can fix them.

Personally, I wouldn't be afraid to use my 425 attachments on a 1430 (with suitable attachment modifications). I would just remember that the tractor could break the attachment and go from there.

I pretty much agree. My thought was that things that do ground engagement (4 in 1 bucket for example) would be good to get the 1430 on. Grapple bucket, no. I could also upgrade as needed. Spending $30 grand or more to get a new PT and attachments would hit me pretty hard. On the other, I will not live forever and I could get a lot of fun out of a 1430. I could even dig my own grave and save some money. I had originally planned to make this decison in 2010, if the stock market did well. It did not, so I will put it off. My 422 continues to run and satisfies all my needs.