60"Finish mower wheels/tire replacements?

/ 60"Finish mower wheels/tire replacements? #1  

SELKIRK

Tractor
Power Trac 1430
Guys-I'm having a heck of time stopping my finish mower from rolling the front tires off the rims. I tried a number of things (tubes, slime, pt solid tires, etc.) with out solving the problem 100%. It seem the best way I found so-far is to mow in draft mode with tubed tires filled with max pressure. Even doing that it's a pain in the rear to roll the tires.

PT1430 with 60" finish mower.

Has any body tried some of the caster tires made for other mowers with any luck? See below.

175-133 - Deck Wheel Assembly, Lawn Mower Parts, Scag 48307; From Item Class

175-137 - Deck Wheel Assembly, Lawn Mower Parts, Bobcat 38510; From Item Class

175-500 - Elite 400 Wheel Assembly, Lawn Mower Parts, Bobcat 38510; From Item Class

Thanks
Selkirk

Last edited:
   / 60"Finish mower wheels/tire replacements? #2  
I put solid Exmark castor wheels/ tires on my brush hog and have not had a problem since. If I remember right, I had to spread the forks a little to squeeze them in.

/ 60"Finish mower wheels/tire replacements? #3  
Those tires look pretty wide. Will your wheel fork accept the that width? Our First Choice and Phoenix Finish Mower tires are solid and look narrower. Ken Sweet

/ 60"Finish mower wheels/tire replacements?
Those tires look pretty wide. Will your wheel fork accept the that width? Our First Choice and Phoenix Finish Mower tires are solid and look narrower. Ken Sweet

Just looked at my old tire. Size 4.10/3.50-4.
What size do you think would work?

Thanks
Selkirk

/ 60"Finish mower wheels/tire replacements? #5  
I have a 60" finish mower for out PT425. I roll pneumatic tires off of the rims all the time. I have had SOME success over inflating the tires, but eventually, they pop too. So, I went to a local store that specialized in hand trucks and casters. I found some solid tires that were the exact same size as the PT pneumatic tires. They came mounted on rims. However, the hole was 1/8" larger than the axle bolt on the PT. No problem, as the store had sleeves(bushings) that reduced the inside diameter of the axle hole perfectly.

I like these solid tires so much that I move that set of casters between my finish mower, snow plow and brush hog. Unfortunately, the company closed up and moved away shortly after I bought them or I would have bought two more sets for my other attachments.

I have yet to try tubes, but may do that.

/ 60"Finish mower wheels/tire replacements? #6  
Hey, the company I bought the solid tires from is still in business a couple towns over. Here is a link to their website. I will get my tire sizes some time this weekend and see if I can find the brand, etc...

Cass Hudson

/ 60"Finish mower wheels/tire replacements? #7  
Just looked at my old tire. Size 4.10/3.50-4.
What size do you think would work?

Thanks
Selkirk

I don't think ours will work, they measure 10 Outside diameter and 3 1/2 inches wide. Sounds like a good setup that Mossroad has going. Ken Sweet

/ 60"Finish mower wheels/tire replacements? #8  
I had similar issues with the tires on my Landpride finish mower. After dumping a lot of money on repairs and even replacing the tires without any improvement, I went with solid tires. They are smaller, both in height and width, which was a concern that has turned out to be unfounded. No problem with the smaller size at all.

I had to replace the bolts that were used as axles with a larger size, and I had to drill out the holes to handle the larger axle and find spacers due the the smaller width.

It was expensive and time consuming, but now that it's done, I'm sure glad that I did it. It went from a constant headache to something that I never have to deal with again.

Good luck,
Eddie

/ 60"Finish mower wheels/tire replacements? #9  
Hey, the company I bought the solid tires from is still in business a couple towns over. Here is a link to their website. I will get my tire sizes some time this weekend and see if I can find the brand, etc...

Cass Hudson

Sorry I have not gotten the sized yet. I got called into work a couple times and the kids are finishing up 4H projects. Should be a couple days. Sorry again. :(

/ 60"Finish mower wheels/tire replacements? #10  
I had pt put solid tires on my brush hog when I got the pt and I bought a finish mower off of TRACDOC and had a flat the first time I used it [popped the bead]. He had the tires slimed or some kind of flat sealant in them and I couldn't get them to seal back [got dirt mixed in with the sealant] ,instead of fighting those kind of tires I put solid tires on it also and have not had any problems since. I believe TracDoc is a fine fellow pter I hated to see him put his pt up for sell. I liked seeing him post from time to time.