NEW & FUN attachments for PT 425

/ NEW & FUN attachments for PT 425 #1  

bubenberg

Platinum Member
Tractor
PT425, Kubota L2050, 3 hydrostatic Exmark mowers. Z21D Kubota ZTR, 2 Kunz acrease wing mowers, 1 rough cut kunz mower, one vintage grasshopper ztr, one vintage gravely ztr, various large garden tracto
in checking on status of warranty work on my pt 425 kohler headgasket job, which is still pending (no fault on pts part) i also found out about the newly available attachments.

forget but someone already mentioned it some weeks back ... the knuckle boom mower is now available. it is a downsized version of the 1800 series which sells for about $2900.00. so the 425 version should be less.

the concert boster is now available also.

Terry is sending me the specs & prices sometime this week and i will post the info right away.

/ NEW & FUN attachments for PT 425
the concert boster/braker as i understand is 1. a downsized version of a larger pt model and 2. in need of some more testing and an update will be available in about two weeks.

the knuckle boom mower is really a boom mower, their is no articulated arm like the larger model. the arm of the mower comes out at a 90o angle of the quick attach plate, the boom is about seven feet long. the mower is 24"x24" and swivels left and right. trimming of roadside hedges is possible.

now comes the kicker the control of the boom mower to lower and raise is that "THING" in front of your right knee when you are sitting in your pt425. more details should be available in another wwek or two.

Charlie you know that "THING" has to go ... well Terry acknowledged our request and they are actively working on a modification .... i hope for all of us.

the cost for the boom mower is $1500.00

/ NEW & FUN attachments for PT 425 #3  
Please forgive my ignorance, but what is a concert boster? It may be one of those situations where, if you have to ask. you don't need it.

to brake up concrete floors, patio, walkways, slabs etc. to be used instead of a jack hammer. so you can easier pick up smaller pieces of old cement and remove with your bucket.

/ NEW & FUN attachments for PT 425 #5  
Thanks. And I was right. I don't think I have a use for one. But I had to ask.

/ NEW & FUN attachments for PT 425 #6  
Those sound useful. A boom mower would be very handy along ditches and a concrete buster would probably be awsome to landscapers who do sidewalk removal and such.

BTW, I saw a local landscaper driving down the road with a PT425 on his trailer this morning. He is a well established landscaper in the area. The word is getting out /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

in my response to you the other day i totally forget, where i had seen a very simple one that you could look at ... it is no fun getting old and not remembering.

Randy Lackender has one at his site, i presume that pt's 400 series is going to be similar?!?!?!?:
http://www.lackender-fab.com/concrete_breakers.htm