Aux PTO lever mod

/ Aux PTO lever mod #1  

frischtr

Silver Member
Tractor
PT-425
I finally got around to moving the aux. pto lever on the 425 today. I wanted the lever on the left side of the steering wheel similar to KentT's mod, so I used his as a basis. Pretty much the only difference from KentT's is that I retained the factory lever (although cut shorter) and linked my new lever to it instead of directly to the top of the valve.

The only thing I have left to do is add a handle. I'm probably going to find a billiard ball and drill it out and epoxy it on the top of the rod. I may need to cut the rod down a bit yet also.

picture033pw.jpg

picture034p.jpg

1/2" rod and 1/2" flat stock

picture035f.jpg

The next two show the ears I tacked on to keep the lever from moving from side to side.

picture036k.jpg

picture037zm.jpg

picture039mh.jpg

picture040c.jpg

picture041ai.jpg

Next project: add angle iron to the underside of the ROPS for relocation of headlights.

/ Aux PTO lever mod #3  
wow, very nice job. Looks professionally done. I keep vacillating between a cross-over mod like that, and installing a whole new valve (on the left side) for the auxiliary function... so I could leave the quick disconnect attached all the time).

/ Aux PTO lever mod
A whole new valve would be nice, but I guess quite a bit more expensive. This project cost me a grand total of $12 in materials and about 4 hours of labor. Thanks for the compliments. It was my first go at any type of equipment mod, with hopefully many more to come.

/ Aux PTO lever mod #5  
Ok. I give. How did you cut the slot for the linkage to go through?

Very nice mod.

/ Aux PTO lever mod
Ok. I give. How did you cut the slot for the linkage to go through?

Very nice mod.

Just drilled holes in a row extremely close together and cleaned it all out with a narrow rat-tail file, then a flat file... Took about 10-15 minutes to get it nice and smooth.

Thanks, btw...

/ Aux PTO lever mod #7  
Nice, clean job! I think you're really going to like having it up there, close at hand. I certainly do...

/ Aux PTO lever mod #8  
Anyone know why I cannot see the pics...?! (Tried with IE6 and IE8.)

/ Aux PTO lever mod #9  
Anyone know why I cannot see the pics...?! (Tried with IE6 and IE8.)

Don't know where you're trying to access it from, but the corporate firewall at work blocks all pictures from ImageShack and shows a "Red X" instead...

That's where these pics of his are stored...

/ Aux PTO lever mod #10  
Might also be because the pics are HUGE. My computer/browser seems to automatically resize them, but it takes a few seconds.