Quick connect fittings

/ Quick connect fittings #1  

American Bulldog

Gold Member
So I went to hook up my mini hoe, when I went to connect the hydraulics, one of the fittings was bent. I must have pinched it. I looked up quick connect fittings and I couldn't figure out what type they are. The two most popular are ISO A and ISO B. I searched the forum, but couldn't find the info.....

Anyways, if someone could let me know, I will order a new one. The lines are 1/4". I would also like to get a bunch of dust caps, to help keep the fittings clean.

/ Quick connect fittings #3  
PT purchased a bunch of fittings from Italy. For me the smaller connectors were easy to find replacements, but the larger ones proved to be tough and I just went and bought new ones.

I would recommend taking your connectors off and taking them in. They may look close, but will not fit

JJ may have a better answer as he is the HYD genius of the group, maybe PM him.

/ Quick connect fittings #4  
I was able to get the smaller connectors at Northern. Do take old ones in.

/ Quick connect fittings #5  
I believe the QD's on mine were Faster NS series. I just took one of mine to the hyd store, and looked through the bins until I found one that would match. If you have to, change brands to what your local supplier has. I could look on mine and get the number, but you may have different manufacture for yours. I had a chart for different QD's that interchange, just where, I don't know.

Probably ISO 5675

Hydraulic Quick Disconnects > Discount Hydraulic Hose.com

ISO 5675 Agricultural Hydraulic Quick Disconnects

They also have the dust caps.

http://www.hfifluidpowerproducts.com/Pages/High-Pressure-Quick-Coupler-Cross-Reference.html

If you look in this chart, find your number on your QD, and cross it to what ever is in your area.

Everyone should bookmark this link for future reference.

Attachments

• AG-SET-2.jpg
    AG-SET-2.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 1,269
Last edited:
   / Quick connect fittings #6  
I believe the QD's on mine were Faster NS series. I just took one of mine to the hyd store, and looked through the bins until I found one that would match. If you have to, change brands to what your local supplier has. I could look on mine and get the number, but you may have different manufacture for yours. I had a chart for different QD's that interchange, just where, I don't know.

Probably ISO 5675

Hydraulic Quick Disconnects > Discount Hydraulic Hose.com

ISO 5675 Agricultural Hydraulic Quick Disconnects

They also have the dust caps.

Quick Coupler Interchange and Cross Reference Guide

If you look in this chart, find your number on your QD, and cross it to what ever is in your area.

Everyone should bookmark this link for future reference.

JJ thanks a lot I printed it out and going to file it with my pt manual and other papers pertaining to pt.

/ Quick connect fittings
Wow ut is more complicated than I thought. Problem is that it is a long way to the tractor store from here, and I was hoping to just order something online. Anyways thanks for all your help.

/ Quick connect fittings #8  
Yeah, it kinda sucks.

Ultimately the advice of replacing with a type that is local will save you a lot of heartache. Especially in cases like this. I went through **** with my larger fittings as I kept finding close, but not perfect matches (close meant they looked the same but the back locking collar would be 3mm different that the PT Version.

I went with Parker as it is a very common brand out here.

/ Quick connect fittings #9  
Look on the QD and write the number down, and go to the chart and match it up with a cross reference. Do a search on the net using the name and number on the QD.

If you have the time, you can send the QD to someone like Northern or Burden Surplus center, etc. You could take one off a little used attachment and use that until one is found. type that number into Ebay search.

If you leave that implement on for a long time, then you take off the QD's and use a nipple to connect the two hoses. There are usually many different ways to accomplish things. If one doesn't know, just ask someone else

I purchased a box of them off Ebay.

Post the name and number of the QD and I will look for you.

/ Quick connect fittings #10  
Problem is that it is a long way to the tractor store from here, and I was hoping to just order something online.

All my Deere stuff uses ISO-B, while Kioti uses ISO-A. I buy all my
QDs from DiscountHydHose. Since you have JD equipment, have you
compared to the QDs on those units? I do not know if JD uses ISO-B
consistently, however.

One limitation of DHH is their QDs connect to NPT fittings and hoses,
while my JD stuff likes ORFS. You may have to buy adapters if you order
from them.