Water Tank

/ Water Tank #21  
I have a 55 gallon spray tank on skids. I pick it up with my forks. I hooked up a 12 volt trailer connector at the control pedestal. I can spot spray from the drivers seats or run a long tube to the rear of the engine compartment for a broadcast sprayer.

Before this rig I watered almost 100 newly planted trees by strapping a 55 gallon drom to the forks and watering them by gravity. It was a pain. It was hard to get water to pour where I wanted it next to tree and loader/barrel blocked view of small trees. The spray rig works fine for newly planted trees. I have since put in drip system for trees.

I believe that if this is going to be an ongoing task, more than one season, it would pay to put in small drip tubing connected to an elevated collector tank.

One problem I had was the long time it took to fill a 55 gallon tank from a household faucet. I spent nearly as much time waiting for the tank to fill as I did to empty it.

/ Water Tank #22  
One problem I had was the long time it took to fill a 55 gallon tank from a household faucet. I spent nearly as much time waiting for the tank to fill as I did to empty it.

I filled my tank from two faucets at the same time. I ran hoses to both. Fortunately I have two close together. Also I found that the newer type antifreeze faucet puts out water slower.