Alternate fuel line from inline fuel filter to engine

/ Alternate fuel line from inline fuel filter to engine #1  

kjm3232

Silver Member
Tractor
power-trac 1430
Hi, i have a 1430 and has anyone found a alternate source for the fuel line from the inline fuel filter to the engine? i want to replace the inline fuel filter. It looks like a braided type of hose and a crimp on connectors to connect at the inline fuel filter and at the engine. i called keith at PT and he gave me a price of $22 per ft for the hose and i would need to order 2 ft plus whatever else to make up the $50 dollar min order. Also it looks like PT put on a regular hydraulic hose from the gas tank to the beginning of the inline fuel filter. This has a regular hose clamp at the input to the inline fuel filter and a hydraulic fitting at the bottom of the gas tank. Has anyone replaced that with a regular fuel line? Again Kieth quoted me a price of $22 per ft and i would need 3 ft if i wanted to replace that. thanks in advance for your input and advice.

Attachments

• from inline filter to engine.jpg
    from inline filter to engine.jpg
    540.2 KB · Views: 139
  • from gas tank to inline fuel filter.jpg
    from gas tank to inline fuel filter.jpg
    565.2 KB · Views: 127
   / Alternate fuel line from inline fuel filter to engine #2  
I just brought the piece to my auto parts store and bought some. It was not very expensive.

Ken

/ Alternate fuel line from inline fuel filter to engine #4  
it looks like PT put on a regular hydraulic hose from the gas tank to the beginning of the inline fuel filter. This has a regular hose clamp at the input to the inline fuel filter and a hydraulic fitting at the bottom of the gas tank.
You can go to a local hydraulic hose place, and they will make up a replacement for about $17.

I personally would just replace the fitting on the tank with a normal barb fitting and use 1/4" gas hose from the local auto parts store.

/ Alternate fuel line from inline fuel filter to engine #5  
I know I don't know as much about this as I should but he has a diesel and it uses a much higher preasure fuel system than a gas motor. I think he can't use regular gas line.

/ Alternate fuel line from inline fuel filter to engine #6  
On my 1850 the hoses are all standard fuel hoses. I don't think high pressure hits in the system until after the pumps you see on the side of the deutz.

/ Alternate fuel line from inline fuel filter to engine #7  
This section is all low pressure, ~ 1psi. The only thing to be sure of is to get diesel rated fuel hose. Easy to come by.

The high pressure portion of these engines is all in metal tubing.

All the best,

Peter

I know I don't know as much about this as I should but he has a diesel and it uses a much higher preasure fuel system than a gas motor. I think he can't use regular gas line.