Cold Weather

/ Cold Weather #11  
A 15W would be harder to start than a 5W by a factor of 3 in cold weather. Since yours is garaged, you probably see no difference. Stored outside, I'm pretty sure you would notice when it got down in the 20s and under...

Cold weather performance is of great concern in parts of Canada... It was -16C (-3F) last night, and the real cold of winter has not yet arrived. Even though I will not be earning a living off a tractor, it is very important to have a dependable machine. Things should start at -4F (-20C), albeit with some protest, and it is reasonable to expect block heater help (in a liquid cooled engine) below -4F. The cold usually peaks at -22F, and very occasionally hits -40F.

Fuel injection in the automotive industry has helped a great with cold weather starting. (But you should still plug in below -4F to protect engine longevity.) If I ordered a PT 425, it sounds like I would have to insist on the FI engine and synthetic fluids all around if I cannot provided heated parking.

/ Cold Weather #12  
Cold weather performance is of great concern in parts of Canada... It was -16C (-3F) last night, and the real cold of winter has not yet arrived. Even though I will not be earning a living off a tractor, it is very important to have a dependable machine. Things should start at -4F (-20C), albeit with some protest, and it is reasonable to expect block heater help (in a liquid cooled engine) below -4F. The cold usually peaks at -22F, and very occasionally hits -40F.

Fuel injection in the automotive industry has helped a great with cold weather starting. (But you should still plug in below -4F to protect engine longevity.) If I ordered a PT 425, it sounds like I would have to insist on the FI engine and synthetic fluids all around if I cannot provided heated parking.
You can also get a magnetic block heater (or two) and a heavy quilt to helps warm the pumps and reservoir for a few hours before you want to use it.

/ Cold Weather

Those temperatures are asking a lot for any US tractor. My Deere 5520 can be a problem on cold days. Anything diesel is going to have problems. Most people wouldn't use a PT425 at -20C. Definitely, precautions will have to be made.