Power Trac Wish Lists

/ Power Trac Wish Lists #1  

Sedgewood

Platinum Member
Tractor
PT-1845
As most of you know, Hans & Charlie put together a TBN wish list that was presented to Power Trac at our early November meeting with Terry, Sean, Wendy and others. It seemed at the time that they were listening but nothing much has come of the effort. Likewise we tried to get across to them what a gold mine of customer feedback TBN could be for them.

Sean Blackwell and I had a chat about it today and while he seems to think someone has been delegated to compile a database of customer suggestions it appears there is no policy in place to see that suggestions get into it, other than those that come in by email through info@power-trac.com. I didn't get any sense that Hans & Charlie's list got there. Nor is anyone combing TBN for data either. They just aren't giving it any attention.

Also, Hans & Charlie's list looks from their end like a bunch of requests from a lowly two or three customers, hardly enough to indicate serious demand. We concluded that, to be at all effective, individual lists or requests are the way to go. And that they should be addressed to one individual. Sean. Let's see what he can do with a TBN flood of bright ideas!

<font color=red>seanb@power-trac.com</font color=red>
Sean Blackwell
1 (800) 843-9273

Sedgewood

/ Power Trac Wish Lists #2  
I agree that we need to get this off and running. There may be duplicate items but that is ok. I have started a wish list and will continue to add items and then send on to Sean.
To be effective, I think they need to be reasonable suggestions that could have impact for many.
PJ

/ Power Trac Wish Lists #3  
Sounds good to me. I'll send them my one year review as well. Several things that I am planning to include are:

Headlights must be moved up under ROPS.

Rear light would be nice, even as a paid option.

Consistant directions as to hydraulic oil to use; the manual doesn't match the stickers.

Easier way to get under the center console to lube the treadle.

Mark the gas tank at 1/2 gallon increments.

2 inch reciever instead of pin hitch on rear.

Swap the headlight and PTO switch; it is easy to hit the PTO switch when reaching for the lights.

Tie down hook on the front for towing.

Laminated dry erase maintenance sheet to hang in the garage with pictures of lube points. Also would be nice to get one for each attachment that needs lubing(hey, I might make those for myself!)

And a baseball cap with every tractor purchase /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Power Trac Wish Lists #4  
Amen!

not that we have send e-mails to them before ... just to point out is the 18 month .... NO ANSWER .... anniversary on the front mountainside tire lifting, but not tipping over when mowing on slopes, grading on slopes etc.

i was promessed, that within two days i would have an answer, they must be approaching eternal type days, very soon.

/ Power Trac Wish Lists #5  
Great feedback all. I'm not even a PT owner yet ( I expect to go to the factory right after Thanksgiving to pick up a 425 or 1430 ) and I have a hugh suggestion list. Start with getting the specs in the literature right and in a consistant format. I could go on and on, as must of us could.
BUT, remember, PT obviously has gotten most of the important stuff right or we'd own Deeres or Kubotas instead.

/ Power Trac Wish Lists #6  
i hope i am not misunderstood. judging from your comment that we would be owning and operating other makes and models.

we can pride ourselfs that some of the people here and out there are pt owners because they contacted us, trying out our equipment and or visiting us on the way to purchasing their new t.. .

this kind of sounds to me like "loved or live it" . which i heard allot as a non citizen who got drafted at 25 and eleven month old, back in the late sixties. although i served for three years 7 month and 20 days on active duty, and was honorably discharged 18 years later from the oldest, in continuous service, unit of the united states army, here in Philadelphia; i did say my p.... then and i will continue to voice my opinion under other, in this forum now.

if you get to know me you will find out, there is no better defender of pt, but with that said, progress comes with being honest even when it hurts at times. most of my comments on TBN in regard to the Tazwell mfgr. are just that.

as i suggested the first time i rebottled to you, read a few month comments of other TBNers or if you are pressed for time just a few month of mine. see when my TBN friends refer to my by first or last name and you will see i don't need to be admonished how ever slightly by anyone as in your quote below:

<font color=red>BUT, remember, PT obviously has gotten most of the important stuff right or we'd own Deeres or Kubotas instead.</font color=red>

and no i would not go to them again (i own such equipment of both companies).

against my better judgement we would than go to the next best and buy (costly) an Aebi machine, where their customer service here in the usa stank until a few weeks ago when a young guy took over as our area rep. . AND in addition my father had learned his high altitude operating of engines with that outfit.

/ Power Trac Wish Lists
pajoube: <font color=red>I have started a wish list and will continue to add items and then send on to Sean.</font color=red>

I wonder if we might get even more bang from our buck by keeping the lists short - and sending more of them? The idea being that each idea will stand out more and hopefully get individual attention.

John